Friday, April 30, 2010

Going to the max

There's something about the last day of work before you go on holiday that always gets you. No matter your field of work, no matter what you do and where there's something about that last day that always gets you. Like your workplace is trying to throw everything at you to make sure that your break is well earned. Well today was no exception and by this afternoon I was finding even the amazing new levels of patience I have built up being pushed to their absolute maximum.

Still my very good mood for yesterday hadn't totally worn off so I was able to weather it all. I was also quite pleased to find out that my error rate for the month ( which has to be under 1.5%) is actually a rather cool 00.12%. I've only made one error all month! My attention to detail once again paying big dividends.

Still on the plus side we did have a department " fuddle" today. Quite what the term means I have no idea and is probably lost to the mists of time. Either that or it's best not to ask. Anyway basically what it is, is basically a huge buffet for the entire department and each team is assigned a food type to bring. This time my team was assigned cakes, which produced a wide variety of assorted treats from vieniese whirls to muffins to french fancys. As you can imagine on these days nobody brings any lunch as your not exactly short on food in the department!

so I now have a whole week off! I have a few jobs I need to catch up on and the car has reached that dreaded time of year for all car owners. It's time for the MOT!!!!!!! I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope that the shortened journeys to work have been good for it.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: