Saturday, May 15, 2010

Historically speaking

I found myself in the waterstones bookstore this morning looking somewhat unsurprisingly for a book. I've now read near enough all the best books on the tudors and probably know more then I ever need to know about that period of history and as there were no new military style history books that I want to rad right now so I was looking for a new focus history wise to read about.

After much consideration I've decided to start reading up about the English civil war as my knowledge about that period of time is really rather limited ( somewhat surprisingly for me). Plus the amount of books there are avalable on the subject should keep even me in reading material for a few weeks maybe even a month at least :-)

Speaking of things historical I went with several of the YSA to see the new Robin Hood film tonight and it was surprisingly good. The comments about Russels crowe's Accent in the film are justified at the start as it does seem to vere from Scottish to Irish to english but settles down as the film progresses.

Going out to the cinema means I haven't seen the latest episode of Doctor Who yet but thanks to the magic of Iplayer I soon will.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: