Thursday, May 06, 2010

All a bit anti-climatic really

I walked round with Grumpy today to the polling station so we could both do our civic duty and cast out vote to who we want to be our new lords and masters, erhhh I mean who we want the government to be for the next 0-5 years depending on when the next election is called. I mentioned to Grumpy afterwards that after the weeks of constant talk, campaigning and twists and turns of the election it all seemed a bit anti climatic really for it to come down to making a mark on a piece of paper. We didn't even get pens in our polling station, we had pencils.

You would have thought for somethink so vitally important to the nation we would at least get cookies after making our vote.

So it's now a waiting game, literally as the results will be coming in through the night. Not that I have any intention what so ever in waiting up for them. It's not like it will make any difference as to whether I'm watching or in bed so I'd much rather get some sleep thank you very much.

Elder Engineseer has reported in as it were. He's left the MTC and is now is his first area. He is very keen to recieve some letters so if anyone wants to write to him send me a email via facebook and I'll send you his address.

In a effort to get away from the election hype I decided to go to the cinema around Lunchtime to see Iron Man 2. I even splashed out for the VIP seating. The film was good, although the effects often overwhelmed the story, I would say that the original is still the better of the two. I do like how their starting to wheve the marvel based films together and the injoke with the shield was really funny. However I am sure that probably 90% of the people who go to see the film just won't get the relevance of the bit after the credits and what that has to do with Iron Man, or even that it's a clue to the next marvel based film to be released.

anyway,

Later folks

No comments: