Friday, May 21, 2010

He knows who I am right?

When people first start their role at work it's standard practise for them to have more experienced staff members to "mentor" them by sitting with them side by side and giving them advice, tips, and all the valuable tricks of the trade that they have learnt from a lot of hard taught lessons. Now it's usually the same staff members who do are picked for this vital role who everyone acknowledge at being good at their job.

So I was not surprised when our team manager said that BeeBee and MC (the guy I sit next too) were going to and sit with the latest group of trainees. What totally blindsided me were the next words out of his mouth which caused my head to snap round in a " he can't have said what he just said can he?" moment. The Words " And Saxon as well".

My first thought was to turn right round in my chair to see where the other saxon was, he meant me, he actually meant me. I even asked MC " Is he joking?" to which MC just gave me a confused look and asked why I thought he would be joking. So as you can imagine I was really feeling the pressure at this point as I would be helping train someone and I was also feeling a little bit nervous but a few moment late I started to feel very pressured when MC told me that he couldn't remember ever seeing anyone who just finished probabation being tapped to do training!

So yes for the past couple of days I have been doing some training with one of the new members of staff. I suppose you could say I now have a protege. Wow I feel so grown up :-)

It's been a interesting experience and a lot of fun. I just hope I've been doing the right things and impressed the bosses!

Well it was another warm day today. In fact so warm I left my jumper and coat in the car this morning as I certainly didn't need them. In fact it's supposed to the the hottest day of the year this weekend. Which I'll probably spend doing the same thing I usually do during the hot weather.

Moaning about the hot weather.

Still it's the weekend which means two whole days to myself and I'll be back on lates next week so several days of lie ins.

Sweet!

Later folks.

2 comments:

drat said...

hey man thats great! you should have more confidence in yourself! clearly you are good at your job! i mean, you get good scores and things! and you are intelegent! why WOULDNT someone want to learn from you?

good luck with your new padowan! With great power comes great responsibility!

Saxon said...

he's on his own team now and seems to be doing well!