Monday, April 19, 2010

One bit of advice

A person asked me today that if I could tell anyone one piece of advice based on my experience in customer service of what they should do if they find themselves in a situation that involves having to deal with some kind of customer service agent what would it be? Well my advice would be to listen! It always seems like 50% of the "oppotunities" ( i.e problems) I have had to resolve during my long experience in the field of customer service would never have happened if someone had been actively listened. However this isn't only confined to the customer side of things I've seen some humdinger ( and apparently started talking in 1950s langugage) of mistakes caused by the agent as well.

As you can tell it's been a long day, the usual Monday morning slog somewhat amplified by the additional work of having to deal the issues which have arisen due to the volcano. Which as I've said before is a phrase I'd never thought I'd use and after three days the novelty has pretty much worn off of having to keep saying " Because of the volcano".

Apparently the ash cloud is weakening however and some airports are due to start reopening tomorrow, which I'm sure anyone who lives under a airport flight path will be gutted to hear.......... oh wait that includes me.

C'est la vie I guess.

Later folks!

No comments: