Wednesday, April 21, 2010

That ain't the rumble of thunder you hear

The rather strange quiet which has been around work was broken today as for the first time in nearly a week planes started landing at the airport as the no fly zone around britain has finally been lifted. However I only noticed plans landing none taking off, which seems to proof the theory that the first thing that a lot of airlines had to do was reshuffle their cards as it were only in this case getting the plans where they needed to be. I'm guessing that we'll start seeing a lot of take offs tomorrow when they start getting back into the swing of things.


Work also went mental this morning as we got flooded by a huge number of calls at once. Most people seemed to be under the impression that we had been shut down for the past week and that was far from the case. Still we weathered it successfully and things had calmed down by mid afternoon.

I also had another training session this afternoon. The amount of training we have on a regular basis is quite surprising to me as I didn't imagine when I first started there that they would have just a in depth regular training schedule. It's quite satisfying to see my training record card filling up fairly quickly.

As part of our targets we are each " Mystery shopped" every month to make sure we're doing everything correctly. In addition to these regular shoppers we found out that the managers would be doing some random extra calls this afternoon but they would be only calling five times and in a department of a 100+ people that should make me pretty safe and ........ oh hello irony what are you doing here?

Yes muggins here was one of those who ended up getting this, this afternoon. However I managed to get everything right, the phrase my manager used was "flawless" which turned out to be a pretty good thing as he then informed me that not only all of the managers had been listening into the call and assessing it which was bad enough they had also had two extra people join them. The head of our division and the head of the whole UK! At which point I did want to hide under the desk and gibber to myself as the realisation as to just how bad it would have been if I had made a mistake struck home.

Well it was Wednesday today which means I'm past the dreaded halfway point of the week and it's only two days to the weekend.

Roll on Saturday.

Later folks!


4 comments:

Scully said...

Congrats on being flawless! I've watched the first 3 episodes of Doctor Who - do you see a disturbingly high number of Star Wars references/homages/resemblances? I like the new Doctor and Companion, but I am annoyed that I think "That's like Star Wars" a couple times an episode.

Sam Liddicott said...

well done on your mystery shoppinjing, you must be feeling pretty chuffed now the panic has worn off.

Saxon said...

what do you think of the new Daleks? I like the previous design much better

Saxon said...

I am quite happy about it Sam, especially as I found out it helped in the decision as to whether I passed my probabation. Impressing those high ups is a good ace to have in your deck!