Monday, April 05, 2010

A long weekend

Sorry about the lack of bloggage for the past two days, it's been a really busy weekend with lots of running back and forth and time just kinda seemed to get away from me.

First up, the new Doctor Who is good. He didn't quote totally sell me on his " Doctor" as he still seemed to be channelling a bit too much of David Tennant at time but he was a lot better then I had feared and there were some great one liners especially when he told the aliens " I'm the Doctor. Basically.......Run!"

The new companion is also very good as well and there was some great chemistry between her and the Doctor and that short police womans skirt was finally explained. She was a kissogram!

The one thing I certainly didn't like was the remixed title music. They should have known to leave alone what wasn't broken!

There was a YSA get together at Miss Swanns on Saturday night which was a lot of fun especially as she had bought a karoake game for her Wii. I was even encouraged/told/forced to sing at a couple of points. I think my performances can be best described as doing nothing to disprove the fact that Singing is not one of my talents.

It was also very funny at one point when some of the YSA choose to sing Lady Gagas " Poker face" song and some of the YSA realised (with horror) for the first time what the actual lyrics to that song are. Three of them in particular were especially horrified as the looks on their faces was priceless and some YSA asked if the song had always included those lyrics. It just goes to show how easy it is to miss things when your listening to music.

I spent the rest of the time this weekend taking things relatively easy, doing some tidying up, reading some books and doing some painting and modeling. It's been a really nice four days and I'm feeling all calm and relaxed.

Now I just have to see if this feeling will survive work tomorrow.

Here's hoping.

Later folks.

No comments: