Saturday, April 10, 2010

So how long will this last then?

It's been a bit warm today. No scratch that it's been very warm, the kind of warm where not only can you leave your coat in the car when you go shopping but also your jumper as welll whilst you seach out your sunglasses. It's been that nice.

Of course with any good weather in the UK comes the inevitable horde of people telling you to " Enjoy it while it lasts" like anyone who doesn't live in the UK isn't painfully aware that our weather is rubbish a fair amount of the time.

Still I was feeling in a positive mood so I decided to make the most of it.

I used some of my bonus money from this month to treat myself to the new Now 75 album. For those of you unaware the " Now" albums are compolation Cd's which are usually released every six months or so . The next one will be Now 76 and so on and so on. I started collecting these albums a long time ago, in fact when they were still on tape, only a handful of people had cd players and Mp3 players were still a distant dream. I think the earlist one I have is something like Now 28 which just goes to show you how long I've been collecting the things.

Grumpy seems to be coming down with a cough and cold which means he will probably be even grumpier then usual for the next couple of days. But to be fair I'm usually never in a good mood when I'm ill either so I can't really say anything.

The second episode of the new series of Doctor Who was on tonight. It was good, the new doctor is starting to come into his own although the accusations of Amy pond only being there to be a "sexy companion to draw in male viewers" are probably not likely to have been dispelled in the slighist by after the first week of running around in a kissogram police womans outfit following it up with her running around wearing a nightie and dressing gown which do get "wet" at one point. I've put that in inverted commas as if I say anything else it will ruin the episode for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Anyway,

Later folks.

2 comments:

Sian said...

I remember getting Now 29 on tape for Christmas, along with a walkman. I thought I was so cool! Glad you've been having nice weather, you never know you might get lots of sunshine this summer :)

Saxon said...

we might but it's more likely we won't as you know what the good old british summer time is like!