Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Stranger from another land

Previously when new series of Doctor Who have started it was easy to go into work and discuss the various ins and outs of the episode as lets face I was pretty much working in the mecha of geekdom ( microsoft aside).

Now in my new job it's a lot more difficult, well it's pretty much impossible to be honest. As basically I've gone from the mecha of geekdom to the exact opposite. In fact there's no one who could be remotely described as geeky in my team or even on my side of the office. Most of the guys usually spend all day talking about football and they might as well be talking a different language as I don't have a clue what their talking about.

Which is probably how most people feel when I started talking about sci fi.

Oh well, c'est la vie I guess.

I've started a new modelling project or rather a old project that has been gathering dust for a while. I have been painting a "new" army to represent some characters from a novel called Salamander by Nick Kyme. It's been quite fun to do a project and take a nice long time on it as I don't feel pressured anymore to being doing things constantly as after all it's now my hobby instead of my job. This should show in my painting as I'm not rushing..... Hopefully it should show in my painting. Please let it show in my painting?

Work was once again extremely busy but I was much more in the grove today and it showed. I'm hitting the Kpi's for the "regular" full timers now asides from one. With one I'm midway between probabation and full time targets which is frustrating as hell but I'm improving gradually ( but too slowly for my liking :-) which is the main thing.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: