Friday, April 09, 2010

3 weeks and counting

I was talking yesterday about how twenty years seemed like a very long time. Well I'll tell you what doesn't seem like a long amount of time. Three weeks. Yep three weeks that's all the time I have left on my probabation. Three weeks until D-day, or decision day for the bosses do I stay or do I go ( don't worry I ain't going to sing) a day which seemed like such a long time away six months ago.

I know I shouldn't be paranoid about it as I'm exceeding all of my probabation targets by a large margin ( I'm in "regular" full timer targets for all bar one and I've almost cracked that) and my boss has told me that he's very happy with my progress, but I've been promised things by bosses before and we all know how that turned out last time.

No, no, no...... must not be paranoid. I just need to keep giving my usual 110% attention to detail and effort and the dice will fall where they will fall. I just know I'll be a lot less paranoid in four weeks time regardless of anything else.

I've been pondering how the last six months have changed me. I've got a lot more confidence in my skills at work, I had a difficult customer today who didn't bother me at all and she was at least 20 times more difficult then anything I had dealt with at my last place. I've discovered that I can communicate on a non geeky level, my capacity for learning remains undimished and my reserves of determination, grit, courage and stubborness are far deeper then I had ever imagined.

anyway it's the weekend now which means two whole days to myself before starting another round of lates next week. However I can't complain as it does appear that I have managed to dodge having to do a Saturday shift this month. Yah me! I think.

Later folks.

No comments: