Saturday, January 28, 2012

In and out

Grumpy and I noticed when we were out and about today what seems to be the latest "in thing" among ( and I hesitate to use the term as it will make me seem really old) the youth hanging around town in groups.

And what is this latest in thing? The latest must have that all youths must get to be in with the in crowd? Hoodies? Hat's? Leather jackets? Nope, nope and nope again.

No, the latest in thing seems to scooters. And in case you were wondering, I don't mean the motorised kind that you see a lot in italy. No I mean the kind you ride on with one foot, holding the handles and pushing along with your other foot.

Which looks a little stupid if I'm honest as there's just something you loose in the terms of coolness using a scooter say compared to using something like a skateboard or even a bike.

But then again I suppose when I was that age, the "in things" probably looked just as stupid.

What we really found amusing was after seeing a large gang of kids riding around on their scooters in the car park of the supermarket, on our way out we saw a family with a little girl with her own scooter which was bright pink with yellow sunflowers on. I could just imagine the "cool kids" faces as the little girl rode past.

anyway,

Later folks

No comments: