Thursday, January 05, 2012

At least it has a sense of humour

Well I was woken up in the early hours of this morning by the weather. And not just a little amount of weather, no we're talking about little amount of weathers big brother who tends to use rather a lot of steroids.

We're talking howling wind, lashing rain, the whole nine yards.

And of course multiple attempts to get back to sleep were defeated after the weather kept waking me up again!

Of course the weather then proceeded to demonstrate a sense of humour because as soon as my alarm went off to tell me it was time to get up the weather promptly started to die down!

Grrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............

Not that the weather was behaving for the rest of the day mind you as there were several rather large and intense rain showers which I didn't mind.

Until I got home this evening and suddenly noticed a large damp patch and water mark on the ceiling in the corner of the room which just about gave me a heart attack! Grumpy and I thought that there was a whole in the roof, maybe some tiles had come loose etc, all sorts of horrible scenarios basically.

Tap Dance actually found the answer which was that a seal had come loose around the overflow pipe from the water tank in the loft. One quick visit fro ma handyman up the road and it's fixed ( well for now at least he's coming back to do a more permanant fix tomorrow).

So somewhat ironically then in the worse rain storms we've had for sometime around geektown the only leak we get is from inside the house.

C'est la vie I guess.

Later folks

No comments: