Monday, October 25, 2010

Bad timings

I was a little nervous today when the boss suddenly asked me to sign off my phone and follow him. I assumed we were going to his desk whilst I frantically wracked my brains to think what I could have possibly done wrong. However he then veered away from his desk towards one of the meeting rooms leaving me to start wracking my brains even harder as I was sure I hadn't screwed up that badly.

He then went passed the meeting room into reception leaving me to be perfectly honest more then a little scared as my mind flashed back to just over a year ago to what happened last time a manager asked me to follow them.

However it was then my rational brain kicked in as I realised we weren't heading towards any meeting rooms so it couldn't possibly be anything untoward. I then realised we were in fact heading towards the office of the UK national manager. Which left me really, really confused as I had no idea at that point what was going on.

Well as it turned out what was going on was something very very good. The company I work for has seven corporate values which everyone is supposed to work for and it helps us offer the best service possible. Now there are awards for anyone who has been seen to strongly uphold one or more of these values above and beyond what is expected in the day to day work. Now a major difference to these awards is that any member of staff can nominate any other member of staff to receive one of these awards.

As you may have already guessed by now I had been nominated for one of these awards and after investigation the management had agreed with the nomination, so I was in the office to get a congratulations from the Uk national manager, my framed certificate, a new lanyard for my security pass to show I had one of these awards, plus a number of "points" to spend on a rewards website ( which I haven't had a chance to look at just yet so I have no idea what I can get).

I was quite touched to be nominated for a award like that and as you can imagine it put a undeniable spring in my step for the rest of the day.

Here's hoping the rest of the week turns out to be just as good.

LAter folks

No comments: