Tuesday, June 13, 2006

So can you guess what's on my mind today children?

Well, I was going to try and be good, and as any member of my family may tell you, I'm very trying..... (Oh I just got that…….wait a second)

But I'm in a bit of a bad mood today which can be summed up in two words. “Big love", yes the latest US TV import started on channel 5 last night and already I want to scream. True the makers of the show haven't stated that the characters are Mormon, however they really don't have too. First it's set in Salt Lake City, secondly there were shots of the salt lake temple in the background several times, references to the priesthood, heavenly father and eternal marriage. Put that all together what do you get??? A whole lot of people including newspapers (yes Daily mail we're looking at you) constantly referring to the characters as Mormons.

And what is happening to counter this negative publicity. Nada, zero, zip, nothing. Even the thread on the YSA site, has petered out as people have more important things to talk about, such as song lyrics, football and films (hypocrisy thy name is ysa site. com.) which have reminded me exactly why I gave up visiting that site on a regular basis. At least in the states the church released a press release, but nothings happened over here. But oh well mine is not to reason why, but to just do and die. No wait, that's the marines. But regardless I’m sure the church leaders know what their doing. When it comes to church matters at least, not too sure about their ability to choose music * Cough, Bishop Rasmussen Cough, cough* J

Well Dad’s off on one of his dates tonight, or at least I think that’s what he’s doing as he’s not specified where he’s going which is usually a sure sign that he’s up to something that he doesn’t want me to report. As he seems to think I’m part of the MSA (mum’s spying agency). When it comes to paranoia MI5 got nothing on him.

Oh and the fridge appears to be broken. He couldn’t have broken down in the middle of winter, no, no coz that would have been far too easy. It has to break down during the hottest part of the year, so if we don’t keep eating the food quickly enough it’s going to go off.

Ah the fun of the domestic front, hey??

Anyway, until later!

No comments: