Sunday, September 05, 2010

Breaking the bike.... no wait that's no right, cycle I mean cycle

Well after the conference I took, Tuesday off mainly as I made the mistake of not doing that every conference for the past four years and ended up having a throughly exhausting day at work.

But not this year, oh no. I had one whole day to make sure I was fully rested up and ready for work the next day.

Although if I had known what was going to have been waiting for me I would have taken the rest of the week off as well.

Basically due to the bank holiday we had been totally swamped by files, and with myself and some else off on holiday, somebody ill and our team having a vacant postion anyway, well I'm sure you can imagine the result. For the rest of the week we were stuck in a bit of a cycle, we all had tons of files, we would clear all of the escalated requests, but by that time new requests which had come in had hit the point where they escalated, so we cleared them but then the new files which had come in while we had cleared them had...... etc, etc. You get the idea.

Not that it was a bad thing over all as to be perfectly honest I started to throughly enjoy myself by the end of the week as it was proving to be one of the most interesting challenges I've faced in a while.

anyway hopefully we can get out of the cycle this week. I'm on earlys as well which although means a early start at least means getting home when it's nice and early.

I've spent a large chunk of the afternoon trying to be reative by creating posters for some forthcoming YSA events we have going on. Of course the need to creat posters would only come when I don't work at a company with a design studio and access to top of the line publishing software wouldn't it? Still I don't think I've done too bad a job. I guess I'll find out on Tuesday at the meeting.

anyway,

Later folks

No comments: