Friday, August 03, 2007

Would the Last YSA to leave please turn off the lights

I heard a very brief rumor/snippet of conversation at the weekend.( I have no idea how true this is) There seems to be a small possibility that we might be loosing another YSA to the USA! Whys are so many people going out to the US? Hmmm? Don't they already have enough YSA over there? AS I've said before if people are going to go over there the very least they could do is start sending some YSA back this way to 'balance things' as it were. Besides we could do with a bunch of American guys we could dazzle with our English accents, and English gentlemanly ways, which would hopefully balance things out before they get to know the real us and decide they would be better off fleeing back to the US :-)

Or maybe this is some secret plan of Nemesis's. If she can't be in Loughborough, she'll bring Loughborough across to her! It's probably part of some evil megalomaniac plot to take over the world with the other Librarians! Run away, run away....................................

I'm sorry this blogger is currently experiencing technical difficulties from too much cake, sugar and caffeine. Until we are able to do a successful reboot of said blogger (using a bat!) please listen to some music,

Dum, dum de de dum, dum, dum dum, dum de de de dum,
Dum, dum de de dum, dum, dum dum, dum de de de dum,
Dum, dum de de dum, dum, dum dum, dum de de de dum,
Dum, dum de de dum, dum, dum dum, dum de de de dum,
Dum, dum de de dum, dum, dum dum, dum de de de dum,
Dum, dum de de dum, dum, dum dum, dum de de de dum,


Okay and that's enough of that. Can you tell I'm having one of those days?

I saw a brilliant piece of driving this morning. I was overtaking a cyclist and the genius behind me decide to overtake the cyclist as well. And me at the same TIME!!! There was piece on the radio as well that they reckon three quarters of people would fail their driving test if they had to take it again. That's not news! In fact that's no surprise at all to anyone who's even driven a car with other people on the same road! It's just a accepted that fact that there's morons out there on the road in charge of a car!

We didn't actually see the Simpson's movie this week. I did drive into Loughborough however, park up and was just in the process of getting out the car when my phone went with a txt from Engineseer letting me know that neither he or anyone else was coming! Arggghhhhh, that's the second time that I've driven out to go to a YSA activity, get there and the text to say it was cancelled only arrived once I got there. Seriously now, this is fair warning to everybody. Woe betide anyone who does a similar thing to be a third time. Consider this your fair warning!

Well the deadline for people applying to YSA conference has passed. I hope Engineseer did apply after all this. He was being annoying non committal last Sunday about it. ( he was probably was more then aware that it was bugging me that he would say one way or the other). Coz if he isn't going and from what I've heard few if any of Leicester stake are going I might have trouble finding anyone to talk to/hang out with! Well I suppose I could always get a t-shirt that says
" I'm a geek and have no friends here. Please TALK TO ME!"

I also missed a text from Cordelia last night. Apparently she and Banana went to Ceroc Class night. It seems I'm fated never to go to a ceroc lesson and I'm doomed to remain forever uncoordinated on the dance floor and dance like the incredible hulk walks :-) Well at least it keeps me firmly in the realms of uber geekdom. Unlike other people whose well coordinated dancing skill pushes they dangerously close to be declared in the words of the Inquisition " Excommunicas Uberius Geekedis" . Mentioning no names of course.
Cough " Technik Cough Engineseer cough cough *grin*

I forgot to mention one thing that we learnt from Transformers. It seems we've been doing it all wrong. In order to get the girl of your dreams all you need is a car that transforms into a robot . Now how hard can it be to find one of them?

later!

4 comments:

Nemesis said...

It IS part of my secret plan, mwah-hah-hah-hahahahahaaa.

So who's defecting, then?

Anonymous said...

Highly amusing, you might say I am well to be out of it. But that's married life - marriage and banishment from YSA go hand in hand.

Saxon said...

I knew it, I knew it. It wasn't just paranoia the Liberains really are all out to get us!

Dan, I guess that makes you "excommuniticaus Marriedius". well I suppose it's a better way to leave YSA then to be shoved out into single adults!

Anonymous said...

Well dont say i never invite ya :p