Monday, August 20, 2007

Arggghhhhhhhhh!!! I'm getting old!

Well as you may have guessed it's that time of the year again. Yes folks it's my Birthday and I'm now a whole 26 years old. Well at least on the plus side I can now spend the rest of the year freaking out about how I am closer to 30 then I am 20. And there is a precedent for this. That's what Speed demon did, although Multi-task seemed to be a lot more calmer about it.

I got some money from the Driver clan. Although that's only because I opened my cards this morning. The rest of " the loot" is waiting till I get home(well at least I hope there is some waiting). Downside of having to work on your birthday :-( Someone recently started a trend at work for bringing cakes in on your birthday so I though I was going to have to spend a load of money buying cakes for everyone. Fortunately Tap-dance agreed to cook some cakes for me which made it a lot cheaper. You should have seen the office managers eyes light up when I put the chocolate one down on the spare desk ( you have to put it on the spare desk otherwise you'd never get any work done) I was worried that it might disappear there and then. Mind you when she left a large percentage of the left over cake seemed to disappear as well. Coincidence maybe??

For any of you who didn't release, the last post was indeed written by Engineseer and more importantly if you look to your right, under the list of "other blogs I read" you will notice a new link to Engineseers brand new blog. So go, visit, comment! If he gets his skates on as well I might have another guess blog post this week from Blackwidow ( and no I still don't no why he choose that nickname).

There is also a link to D.Lids (brother of Merchanicus) new blog as well. All techie types should go and read. Although after a talk in Elders quorum yesterday ( before the lesson started before anyone tries to slap our wrists) D.Lid asked for a better codename. Engineseer and I tried to think of a few that were graphically based. My first suggestion was "Eraser", as we could just imagine him tried to teach a lesson in a arnie style voice. " I was elected to lead not to read". My second suggestion was De-man, as his official blogger ID is Digital arena after all. That way at church if
someone asked who he is was we could reply " He's De-man". Alright I know, I know terrible joke. So we finally decided that we would go with a third option and D.Lid shall henceforth be know as "Photoshop" He liked the idea so that's what we're going with. So that means Mechanicus has two brothers now with codenames, Technik and Photoshop. I can't think of a codename for their brother N, so all suggestions welcome.

Well I spent a large chunk of last week cleaning my room out. Yes you read that correctly I actually cleaned my room out. I was also a lot stricter with myself then usual, chucking out magazine that I would otherwise have kept "just in case". This lead to a total of 9 black bin bags of rubbish and 5 pink bin bags ( the pink bin bags are for recycling). So after all that I can confirm that I do indeed still have a carpet and I can now actually 'walk' to my window. Shocking I know, but true!

I had quite a amusing call from the ward clerk last week. He was ringing around to get home teaching numbers and wanted to know my numbers for June. Despite the overwhelming temptation to say 100% I was good and explained that I did have a list and hadn't had one in sometime. He was a bit shocked but did confirm what the EQ President told Engineseer that a list was awaiting final confirmation from the Bishop. This did raise my hopes that I might actually get a list on Sunday. It raised them to such a extent I decided to make a bet with Engineseer that if I was right and we did get new lists he would get me one of those free glasses his restaurant was giving away and if he wasn't wrong he would get me one of those glasses his restaurant was giving away. Despite him being extremely shattered it took him about 3 seconds to see through that one. Unfortunately my hopes were in vain as we got no lists. Although the EQ President did ask us again to make sure we did our home teaching this month. Oh well, I guess that's another month where engineseer and I will be claiming 100% :-)

Well It's the YSA convention this weekend. Engineseer and I will be traveling up together. I'm borrowing Grumpys car, which lets face it will enable us to create a much better initial impression when we arrive in a new Peugeot 307 as opposed to my battered KA. If we do get a a nice photo done at the ball this year as a 'stake' there shouldn't be any problem fitting as all on the background unlike last year. The last time we were able to check their are 5 that's right only 5 people confirmed so far as going from this side of the stake. I hope this is indicative of the rest of stakes. On the plus side however it might be better with fewer people as it will allow people to 'mix more' with people from outside there stakes. Whatever happens never fear, You'll get a full in-depth series of blog posts from me. And maybe if I can persuade him, Engineseer will post some on his blog too.

perhaps,

later!

4 comments:

Insight said...

You know, 26 is not such a bad age. I was still single when I was 26. That year I finally met the girl I did marry.

On another note, me missus and I were talking and she made an interesting observation: While you comment on how many girls there are in the USA being ignored by American lads who come over here to nick the English girls from under your noses, you are missing half the picture. What about all the English girls who are ignored by UK lads..?

We politely suggest there may be more opportunities in the UK than the few English girls that get hooked up with a visiting Yankee.

As for brother N's codename what about the following:

Sheriff, Morse, Midsommer, Inspector Black or Chief

Any advance..?

Saxon said...

You know if you keep coming up with clear, logical and sensible points it gets very difficult to disagree with you :-)

for N's codename how about Gadget (as in inspector) keeps with the techie theme?

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Have fun at convention :)

Saxon said...

we'll try and make sure we tell any 'skiving people' all about it