Tuesday, July 31, 2007

If this is a coincidence it's one of the spooky kind.

Well lets see shall we. We finally get some Sun on Sunday and it hasn't rained since. So that's three day with no rain but lots of sun. In fact so much Sun I had to frantically search for my sunglasses. So has summer actually arrived? But one thing to note is that the Sun started on Sunday, the same day Rhianna and that gosh darned annoying song Umbrella has finally been knocked off number one! Rhianna gets to number one we start gets lots of rain and bad weather. ten weeks later she's knocked off number 1 and we get lots of sun. Coincidence??

Well the weekend was fun. Grumpy was out on Saturday so it left muggins here to do the shopping. I'd forgot the difference in bootsize between mine and grumpys car, so a lot of the shopping had to go on the backseat. I also had to go and get my haircut because if I'd left it much longer I would have looked like Chewbacca although I probably wouldn't have made as much sense as chewy does :-) I thought I was going to have a problem as the usual place I go to was so jammed packed people were queuing out the door (literally!) Although I did then notice that next to the comic book store in Loughborough ( yes there's a comic book store in Loughborough and I go there.See I'm not exaggerating when I call myself uber geek :-) there is another barbers which didn't have a queue at all. And the people in there were actually a lot nicer and talkative compared to the other place who simply seem more interested in how quickly they can shear your hair and shove you out the door. So I might go back there again. ( btw the comic book shop does not a stereotypical comic book guy ala Simpson's. before anyone asks. Although he is American)

After getting the shopping home and doing what I mostly do at a weekend (nothing constructive :-) for a large chunk of the afternoon, I got a call from Engineseer ( who displayed some spookily like psychic powers earlier in the day, I'll explain some other time) and we headed off to see Transformers the movie. Which is a lot better then some people have made out. It's pitched perfectly, it's isn't meant to be a thought provoking film like V for vendetta, it's about giant robots fighting each other! It was also very cool to hear the same guy from the original cartoon voicing optimus prime. All in all it was a perfect geeky film. The only downside was as we went to the vue there was nearly half a hour of adverts before the film started!

For any "lurkers" who might be hanging around, they know who they are. The YSA are planning to take advantage of the reel cinemas Wednesday offer and go and see the Simpsons movie tomorrow. Text Engineseer for more details!

We had no YSA teacher on Sunday. Not sure where Sister F was. So we ended up sneaking into the back of one of the adult Sunday School classes. We were a bit thin on the ground YSA wise. Cordeila was off well somewhere near the Stake boundaries. I can never remember if it's M Branch of P Ward she's going to these days.

It was quite amusing after church however. One of Cordeilas nieces came up to Engineseer to announce that " Cordeilas not here today" Engineseer replied " I know that but can't I still talk to you anyway" The prompt response " No", cue long pause from Engineseer as he tried to think of something to say.

anyway, I think this post is approaching critical mass so I guess I leave it there.

Later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be March Branch :)

But do not fear.. i didnt escape my calling as a primary teacher...

Saxon said...

well at least I was in the same area.

I'm assuming you mean that you were roped into primary when you were there.

Anonymous said...

Ro0ped is one way to say it.. lol. Yes i was asked if i could help in primary. that help actually meant teach the 10-11 year olds :P