Thursday, August 30, 2007

YSA Conference Day 3: Is ITV in the building?





Well after dinner it was time to yomp back to my room again for a tie change. As a tie with a huge gravy stain down the middle of it is not a good look at all! I resisted the temptation to lie down on my bed as by that point I was almost sure I wouldn't get up again!

That evening the activity was the 'evening with Julian Jones', the trouble was I kept thinking of all those really bad ITV shows like a evening with the Spice girls, a evening with Jimmy tarbuck, a evening with that women who won big brother three series back and who we all adored until the next series started, etc, etc, etc. It was a good talk even if it seemed to mainly consist of a rallying call to attend institute. We finished a little early so they decided to start the testimony meetings early. Fraggle and I headed upstairs to meet with the blue group whereas Engineseer stayed with the greens as he was now neutral ( he had turned his band inside out. He stayed with the greens a lot over the weekend for some reason :-)

The testimony was very good. No scratch that it was amazing. There was such a powerful spirit up in that room. In fact our testimony meeting ended up running over by half an hour and there were still four people standing up queuing to give their testimony' when they closed the meeting. I wondered back to my room to get changed out of my suit although I stayed in trousers and shoes rather then jeans. I wondered back out as there were lots of YSA still around outside talking. The main hall was shut so there wasn't anywhere for us to congregate inside. But that didn't matter. In fact it was probably a good thing as it allowed us to spread out and things remained fairly calm in keeping with Sabbath.

At least until midnight anyway when a lot of YSA took the view that if they consider midnight the previous night the start of the Sabbath it ended bang on midnight on Sunday. At which point we joined the flood of YSA leaving the campus, crossing the road to the fast food places in search of something to eat. Don't think the fast food places knew what hit them. One of the pizza places were so busy they stayed open till 1am despite the fact they usually shut at midnight! We ran into one of the guys from our stake and asked him which workshops he went to that afternoon. " None I was watching some football" " Where did you watch that?" "old Trafford" came the response. There wasn't much you could say in response to that.

After dodging the traffic we made our way back over the road to the campus, only slightly slowed by the impromptu limbo contest that the girls started at the railings near the gate. We moved back into the main courtyard to find a lot of YSA around many wrapped up by this point in their duvets. As people started to drift away I realized that as I was going to be driving a full car load home the next day I should really go and get some sleep. So I stumbled back to my room and more or less fell on it. I was tired but it was a good kind of tired. By this point I had realized that maybe I had been judging things too harshly on Friday. It has been a wonderful day and Saturday had been great too.

So only half a day left before it was time to face the Bank Holiday traffic. Time for a good nights sleep or rather what was left of the nights sleep as it was nearly half one in the morning!

No comments: