Friday, August 31, 2007

Why can't the past stay in the past

Well I should have seen this coming a mile off. I had, had a great weekend, things were going fine, I was tired but it was a good kind of tired. Everything was good. I should have really seen that I wasn't going to be allowed to get away with that and something was going to come along and slam me down hard. Well what came along was something I had hoped I would never had to deal with again.

Long term readers might remember me having mentioned Jinx before and what happened there. It was a very painful time and I was more then happy to leave it in the past but what I wanted didn't matter.

I speak to a girl sometimes on instant messenger sometimes who I knew from school. Back then we had one of those love hate relationships without any of the love. But that was there and this is now and we get on okay and talk from time to time. Well I was online on Wednesday when she popped up and mentioned she had seen Jinx and they had talked about things including what had happened with our friendship. I was a little unsure to be honest at first if she had really met up with her or if she was joking. But she said Jinx had told her she had see me at the cinema a few weeks ago at the cinema so she was telling the truth as she knew that.

She then proceeded to drop a nasty bombshell. Apparently Jinx had told her the last time she had seen me was when she had come to visit me at uni and that she had decided she didn't want anything more to do with me because of something she claimed happened. However I wouldn't go into details here of what she said was the reason suffice to say it did not happen.

Apparently she has also told another person from school the same story. Failing to mention that I had seen her twice more after the visit, we had been in contact and about the money and all the sorry mess that happened then nearly a full year later after the point she supposedly said she stopped talking to me. So there you have it she is now innocent of everything and I am the bad guy.

Why, why, why, WHY! Is she doing this? I mean what is the point of making up a story, a nasty one as it happens to make me look like the bad guy. Has she just decided she didn't stick the boot in good and proper last time. Or maybe she knows I can't fight back against the emotional stuff ( which she used to great effect last time) it always hurts me really badly. I mean what did I do to deserve this? I tried to be a good friend, I trusted her again, I leant her the money when she needed it when I wouldn't have given it to anyone else, I went against advice sure that as my friend nothing bad would happen. I kept hanging in their for a longtime hoping against hope that she would prove everyone wrong. I was trying to be a friend.... I don't know, maybe I should have listened maybe I just bought this on myself.

I just hope this is the last of it. I don't wanted this dragged up again. It hurts too much. The past should stay in the past. We were friends then but not now. Now I have a group of friends who are are better then she ever was, their brillent and more then I could ever want for in friends and sometimes it feels like more then I coul ever deserve. I hope they know how great they are. .

No comments: