Sunday, July 15, 2007

Maybe the book wasn’t so wrong after all.

Well I was looking out the window about half an hour ago and it reminded me of a book. Where it started to snow and just didn’t stop. Eventually the whole world was buried in snow and everything’s generally going very badly as it tends to do in post apocalyptic novels . Well what reminded me of this book? Well it was raining. Again!!! This is ridiculous it’s mid July and we’ve only had one really nice day and that was yesterday! Well I know it could be worse and we could be in a heat wave, with hose pipe bans and all that stuff, but it would be nice to get at least a few nice days.

Well Church was….interesting. There was a distinct lack of people as the summer(ha, ha, ha) holidays have started a few families were missing. I think the weather is starting to get to some people, the opening hymn sounded like it was being sung by a load of people whose batteries were almost exhausted. You know what I mean when the music startsss ggooiinng vvvery slllooowwllyy. Sunday school was even more interesting. It was about the atonement and the teacher, well lets just say she came up with a novel use for tomato sauce as a teaching aid :-)

Priesthood well that started off really funny, the EQ president announced that as it was the summer holidays that we should all go and visit our families as soon as possible this month before they go away. He’s obviously forgotten that a third of the quorum are still waiting on lists which he did say should have been ready two weeks ago! Well on the plus side myself and Engineseer can still claim 100%. We’ve done exactly what we’ve been given. Which is nothing. If nothings said next week, I think I might so and give the presidency a subtle nudge. It’s been nearly four months know we’ve been waiting for the lists to be confirmed and updated.

The YSA board has been updated (finally), by Cordelia. So it doesn’t have a ton of outdated information on it anymore. Ya!!! That does remind me however, Smooth was back for a visit. Abet briefly. He did mention that he had seven dates lined up for when he got back to the states with seven different girls. Now that’s just greedy. My only hope is that they all find out he’s dating the others and he ends up with none. Petty I know, but it would still be funny and would make my week.

I found this in a news article the other day;

“To the men who are reading this article: There are a lot of women who are very unhappy with you. Really. I know because as a dating coach, I hear women tell me all the time in the most exasperated tone: “How come I never meet a nice, normal guy? Why do I only get approached by creeps?” You’ve probably heard women say this yourself. So how would you respond to them?I’m guessing it’s something like: “Nice guys are afraid of rejection, don’t want to bother you when you’re out, and are generally more concerned with the consequences of being embarrassed than with actually meeting you.” It may be true, but, as truth goes, it’s a pretty sad state of affairs. What’s easy to forget is that most women want to be approached by you. By not approaching, you’re letting them down and allowing the creeps to take their shot. Follow these lessons and the next time you’re out, maybe you’ll prove that nice guys don’t finish last.”

Who knows, Maybe this guy has a point?

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i liked the quote you put from the article. I think there maybe some truth in that.

As for your reference to smooth.. good on him! You see the thing that i do like about america is that they are up for fun dates. the sort of dates we are encouraged to have. ones where you get to know each other for who we really are.. ourselves. On those dates the only commitment to each other is during the time of the date. In that situation it is ok to see many different people. it is good becasue you get to know people better and it helps you to realise the things that you find more important in a spouse.

hmm.. i realise im going on and on so im going to stop..

its all written in church talks.. look it up if you want :)

Saxon said...

no, no feel free to go on :-)