Sunday, July 22, 2007

well at least theres been a small amount of sunshine

Well I'm currently looking out of our "office" window here at home and I can actually see small amounts of blue sky. Blue sky!!! Anyone would think it was summer or sumthing.

Mind you I have heard that the Driver Clan House has been flooded. That's all I've heard so far. Grumpy said that it might not be too bad all he got in a text from tapdance was that they had been flooded. It might not be that deep even. Still lots of water inside the house that shouldn't be there is never a good thing regardless of how deep the water is!

The cinema was good on Wednesday. Banana even came. Which was really nice as we don't see a lot of her anymore. Strangly enough one of the conversation topics to come up was about Nemesis's blog and her post about the pool party. Cue much shaking of heads at the stupidness of the USA male YSA. They should make the most of the opportunities given them. They really should. ( see Nemesis you may be gone from the ward but your certainly not forgotten :-)

Church today, was well it kept up the standard for being a little bit strange since the switch. They had somebody confirmed to the priesthood actually in the sacrement meeting, which has never happened before. Then we had to do the "raising of hands" to welcome a new family into the ward (Eldar F's eldest son R) which we've also never done before. In between Sunday school and Priesthood we had a guy come into the chapel convinced it was a high school, asking where the wedding was. After only telling him SIX times he realised he was in the wrong building and that there was no wedding there.

Finally in priesthood can you guess what happened? I think ya can. Yes the EQ Pres stood up and again asked us to make sure we did our hometeaching this month. But I'm STILL waiting for a new list and partner. But maybe I can still claim 100%. I've done exactly what I've been given to do. Mind you we haven't had a hometeaching visit in months. So it looks like we haven't been assigned to someone yet. I'm sure we must have been reassigned from Bro P as I can't see him not doing his hometeaching. Engineseer and BlackWidow (see no space, he told me off for putting a space last time) weren't there. Apparently there were sleeping due to exhaustion. I don't know if I want to ask what they've been doing to give themselves exhaustion :-)

oh in case anyone did wonder. I have finished the last Harry potter book. Six hours it took to finish ( I must be slowing down in my old age)



later!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They had somebody confirmed to the priesthood actually in the sacrement meeting, which has never happened before.

What - as in ordained? How odd...

Then we had to do the "raising of hands" to welcome a new family into the ward (Eldar F's eldest son R) which we've also never done before.

Now that's simply not true. The first time I ever saw that done was in Loughborough. It might even have been for myself...

Saxon said...

Yes, they were ordained. It did feel very odd.


With regards to welcoming the new family, Maybe I should have said I've never seen that done before in Loughborough

Anonymous said...

yes.. ordained.. i was confused but as Elder Ford was there and didnt stop it i figured nothing was too bad

Saxon said...

that what I figured as well cordelia

Nemesis said...

I'm glad I'm not forgotten yet!

Note to self: Keep up blog, posting outrageous lies if necessary, to keep UK YSA talking about me.

Saxon said...

as if we could ever forget you ( wait that might not have come out quite)Must say loud part loud and jsut not say quiet part.

Note to self: keep up blog, only tell Nemesis about good things we say about her.... Blast did it again.:-)