Wednesday, July 11, 2007

okay maybe this is the eighth sign

Prepare yourselves for a shock. My car has passed it's MOT first time. Yes, yes you heard that correctly a car of mine managed to pass it's MOT first time.

Talking of milestones another one occurred on Saturday. For the first time in a very looonnngggg time we actually had a day without rain. and even better then that we actually had some sun. Amazing, anyone would think it was supposed to be summer.
Anyway, church on Sunday was, well it still feels odd to have everything the 'otherway round" as it were. They also still haven't sorted out the home teaching assignments. Which is still annoying but does mean for those of us who haven't had any we can still claim 100%. We've been given nothing and so we've done exactly what we've been given. Nothing:-) I also managed to get my form signed for convention signed by the Bishop. So just got to send the form off and everything's groovy there. I do hope some more people from Leicester start signed up soon though, not too keen on the thought of going on my own! It's probably going to be bad enough with people staring anyway. Step right up folks, Look it everyone it's one of those dangers to society, a YSA over 25 whose not married! Come see this very rare creature folks

Grumpys latest 'thing' at the moment is that he is obsessing over someone saying that he has a 'wacky sense of humour'. He just won't leave it aloonnneee!! Every so often, " Wacky sense of humour, I don't have a wacky sense of humour do I" . I'm assuming or at least hoping these are rhetorical statements because I don't wanna touch this one with a 10 foot barge pole. Mind you I did manage to confuse him greatly last night. He looked over my shoulder whilst I was playing civilization 3, and spent the next five minutes trying to figure out how the roman empire still existed in 1715AD complete with tanks and jet fighters! He finally gave up realizing there's something's where it's better just not to ask!

The YSA are supposed to be going to the cinema tonight. I'm still waiting on the details from Engineseer though. But I'm sure it all in hand. I hope :-)

I was starting to wonder if there is a male equivalent of the term spinster. Because if there is I'm starting to feel a bit like one at the moment. Especially with two couples being there in the YSA class on Sunday. Someone did say maybe you'll meet a girl whose in GW. That would be brilliant if it did happen but girls who are into GW are rare enough in the "outside world" the odds of actually finding a girl into GW inside the church are unfortunately pretty remote. If there was, it would probably lead to a fight to the death between me, engineseer and any other single male ysa whose into GW complete with 'spock versus Kirk" music
" De, de, de de de de de, de derdy de de"
I'm not joking. there would be one. We'll sell tickets :-)

later!

No comments: