Friday, July 06, 2007

Is us actually getting a summer really so much to ask?

Unsurprisingly it was raining last night on the way home from work for the fourth day in a row!! This is just plain getting ridiculous now. Where's it all coming from. And then irony of ironies the water was cut off at home last night. It's been the wettest couple of months ever. We've had so much rain the path in the back garden has turned into a brook the water is that deep and the water cuts off. It's like that old saying

" Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink"

Fortunately when I got up the water was back on. Which was good otherwise I was ready to instruct grumpy to go down the co-op to buy lots of bottled water. As you see no one does panic buying like the English :-)

Although we are seeing a small amount of sunshine and shock horror! Some actual blue sky. I'm not convinced however. I'm sure the weathers just lulling us into a false sense of security and it will be raining when it's time to go home.

Well it seems like another Friday and nothing YSA going on. On the plus side Grumpy doesn't go out on a Friday night anymore. There's nothing as depressing as staying at home while your Dad goes out on a Friday night. And it some cases a Saturday night and a Sunday night!

I'm going to try and catch the bishop on Sunday so I can get my form signed for convention. They've now put a advert on you tube, believe it or not about the convention to show 'all the great activities' we'll be doing. Their starting to come off as a tad desperate in their efforts to convince people to go.

I still can't thing of any nicknames for Enginseers brothers. They look set to remain as Engineseer brother 1 and Engineseer brother 2 for the foreseeable future!

Aspiring angel had a fourth of July party on Wednesday (unsurprisingly) however I didn't go. Mainly because I never got a email just a txt very late on from engineseer and because I was absolutely shattered. I had spent most of the day traipsing up and down the main road hauling boxes and parcels back and forth between the office and the warehouse down the road. Which after the sixth trip in the pouring rain does start to wear you down just a bit. :-)

anyway it's Friday. No work for another two days. Just got the shopping to do tomorrow, then I'll probably spend the rest of the weekend trying to get something constructive done but failing miserably.

Typical Weekend then :-)

Mind you I have just seen the 'final' trailer for the Simpson's movie and at the end Homer sings a song which I now can't get out of my head. I won't tell you wants happening in the trailer ( you have to see it to get why it's so funny) but it's sung to the tune of 'Spiderman'. All right everybody!!

Spider-Pig, Spider-pig, does what ever a spider pig does....Look out here comes the spider-pig (repeat to fade)


later!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

be glad you have rain. we haven't had rain for over a month and our state is in a horrible drought and everything is catching on fire. No rain in the future forcast either, just dry thunderstorms, which in turn will bring more fires.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Saxon said...

Hi Anonymous if there was anyway we could get the rain over to you, you would be welcome to it!

Rodrigo, thank you for visiting. but I'm going to pass on your offer and I'm not going to put a permant link to you blog on mine

Anonymous said...

so.. for how long exactly has nothing happened on a friday night now? I apologise for my lack of presence over this side... Though this fella has transport so could come over this way....
You guys should do fun random things (not too geeky) and invite the girls over ;p he he he he...
i guess given my new calling i shall put my thinking cap on and see if i cant find somethign for us sometime...
Its summer! there should be loads we can do :)
Activity suggestion sheet wil be going up on the ysa board soon enough.. let us know any suggestions :)

Saxon said...

we have a active YSA noticeboard? I thought that had been left in place as a historical item.

Me and engineseer do geeky things. Perish the thought as if we would :-)

Anonymous said...

it will be active as soon as we announce its proper use :)

Saxon said...

so that will be at some point in the future, definately, possibly maybe?