Friday, July 13, 2007

Coincidence?

That song by Rhianna " Umbrella" which was okay the first time I heard it, but it's now really, really, really, really, really, etc annoying, has been at number 1 in the charts for eight weeks. Since then it more or less hasn't stopped raining. Coincidence or sinister plot? You decide.

Yes after a couple of days where our hopes were raised that we might actually be getting a summer it's raining, again! In fact it's been raining all day so our car park is half flooded at the moment. I get the feeling that I'm going to get very, very wet feet on the war back to the car. I should have known the weather was trying to lull us into a false sense of security!

Oh at work apparently we no longer work in a office building. It's been rechristened a 'Death fortress". Please don't ask. Not that we get to stay in our death fortress much longer. The powers that be have decided we're moving buildings, which means I'm going to have to do a long overdue clear out of my desk area to get rid of the junk. I have no idea what I'm going to find! Place your bets now!

Engineseer Brother 1 now has his own codename and before anyone has a go at me I would like to stress that this is his own choosing as it's the name he uses on the internet. So Brother 1 is now " Black Widow". I am choosing to assume he is well aware of what a black widow is and the connotations behind the name.

The YSA went to the cinema on Wednesday night. And it wasn't the vue. * Gasp! Shock! etc, etc*. We've actually discovered that it's only £3 a ticket at the Reel in Loughborough on a Wednesday. Which admitally means that's only useful during the summer when institute isn't on but considering the weather at the moment it's not like we're going to be do much outside. Also it does mean we can go to the cinema twice at the reel for the cost of going to vue once!

Anyway I was waiting for the others to turn up when I realized Jinx of all people was coming down the street towards the cinema. After a initial moment of outright panic as I really wasn't in the mood to face a awkward conversation, I was provided with a escape option of being able to walk away from the cinema without her seeing me as with their impeccable sense of timing Engineseer and Cordeila appeared. Although both Engineseer and I got a telling off for coming in separate cars. Which admitally she did have a point about how it was a bit silly.

The P's were coming across from Leicester so they missed the start of the film, which was shrek 3 by the way. It was quite good, gratifyingly short as well, in the days of three hour long blockbusters. Although both cordelia and I started dancing in our seats to the song at the end. Engineseer just continued to look at the screen with a look on his face which seemed to say " Don't look at me, I'm not with them :-)"

Well after the movie ended we had half a hour to 'kill' as we waited for the P's they were in the next showing of the film. So we decided we would do something constructive and useful. Yes we decided to go an annoy black widow as he was working in Mc D's. The look on his face as we walked in was interesting. I'm sure he felt his day was complete
" Here they come to wreck the day!"
The P's arrived after about half a hour and we then continued to hang around, chat and generally bug Black widow for another half a hour after that. ( that's where the picture of cordelia came from in case anyone was wondering).

Well it's Friday again. Nothing YSA tonight. Engineseer is working, I don't know what Cordelias up to, Social, well she's probably doing her own thing as she has been for the past few weeks.Oh well, maybe next week.

later!

No comments: