Thursday, July 26, 2007

There's just this continuing sense of Deja vu

Well guess what happened for most of today? I'm sure you'll never guess? Well maybe you might. It's raining. Again!!! I mean where is it all coming from? I'll tell you one thing I've never been more glad of the fact that geektown is on high ground. I don't think I would be able to hack having a flooded house like all those people down south.

It was raining all day at work. Just rain, rain, rain and ever more flipping rain. This is seriously getting very depressing. It is honestly a real struggle to remember that is nearly the beginning of August! It doesn't help when we keep hearing reports about Europe being in a grip of heatwave and the USA having trouble with dry conditions and forest fires etc. Honestly it's not like we're intentionally hogging the rain here. If there was anyway to share it around we would, and they could take it with our blessing!

Well I had a good chance to demonstrate that the brakes on my car are all sorted as thanks to a absolute muppet coming the other way . Theres this hill on the way to work which has a blind corner and blind summit all in one! I'm coming down the hill and a muppet coming the other way decides to overtake a lorry so comes right into my lane coming up the hill as I'm coming down. So just to recap this guy is overtaking going uphill and on a blind summit. Having no choice whatsover I had to slam the brakes on a do a emergency stop. This guy didn't slow down once and managed to miss me by about half a foot. To then cap it off the person behind me then starts gesturing at me for having to stop as he had to slam on his brakes as well. Which was his own fault as he was faaarrrr to close to me. But driving so close to the car in front of you that your almost on top of it does seem to be the norm around Nottingham.

But that wasn't the end of my car adventures for the day. Oh no. I was crossing the car park to get to the car when I noticed the Car seemed to be at a odd angle. I blinked a little wondering if it was a optical illusion but it wasn't. by the time I got to the car I could see the awful truth. My front left tire was oh so very very flat. After a couple of seconds closer inspection I found the culprit. A screw of all things! however the main problem facing me was that I have never changed a tire before so I wasn't sure what to do. Fortuantely one of my work colleagues, agreed to help change the tire and show me what to do. So I was only home half an hour later then usual. On the plus side I get to use grumpys car tomorrow as he's taking mine to go and get a new tire.

later!

No comments: