Monday, July 23, 2007

Seriously now. Who's still buying this song!

Well Rhianna has now been at number 1 for TEN WEEKS! With that now unbelievably annoying Song Umbrella. I mean really who is still buying the stupid song anyway? and is it still a coincidence that she's at number one with that song and it's still raining! The South of England is supposed to get another inch of rain today. Their already evacuating oxford as their expecting the surge from Friday's rain to reach their today and burst the rivers banks. We've got towns that now look like islands in their own right, and know 1000s of people have lost power because the floodwaters have taken out a substation. Which is all bad enough, but now 10s of 1000s of people have had their water cut off because the floodwaters have taken out a water treatment plant. Admittedly although it isn't funny most peoples first reaction on hearing that story is to laugh a little bit. I mean after all It does seem funny and a contradiction in terms that it seems like a large chunk of the country is underwater and their water supply is cut off? I hope the Driver clan is doing okay and they don't get hit again.

We also had a problem at work today. The AC broke down. Now Admittedly in this weather it shouldn't be that much of a problem. But! and this is a big one. Our office building has NO windows that can open, and has several sealed (to prevent drafts) security doors that you need passes to get through, throw in lots of lights, peoples, a whole lot of servers downstairs, and computers, printers and photocopiers that are all on and you will be surprised at how quickly the place heats up. As someone dubbed this place it's " a almost totally sealed box!". Although I'm sure Engineseer and Blackwidow(see no space again, I can learn ) would consider the temperature positively freezing when compared to the kitchens at work for them. There was a definite slow down as the temperature started to build. It looked like a office of clockwork toys sloowwiinnggg ddooowwwwnnnnn.

My thumb has been seriously hurting all day. I was trying to tidy up the dining room last night and my hand slipped. Unfortunately I then discovered that one of the chair legs had a rather large 'splinter' of wood on one leg and my hand hit it, at just the right angle for this splinter to jam right under my thumbnail good and proper. Of course my first response was " Oh gosh darn and blast it. That splinter has jammed under my thumbnail good and proper and my thumb now hurts somewhat " (editors disclaimer : actually words uttered at time of injury may have varied from those shown). Fortunately the splinter was too big to get wedged in there. Downside it caused a huge cut under the nail so now my thumb is just very, very sore. See this is what I get for cleaning up after myself.

All I can say is, thank goodness for ibuprofen.


later!

No comments: