Tuesday, July 11, 2006

do I ever suffer from short term memory loss? I dunno I can't remember

I ran into somebody from college while in the town in the other day. They recognized me, said hello and went of on what they've been doing since college and what various other people who we both knew at college have been doing since we all left. I grinned, nodded and listened intently while trying to grapple with one insurmountable question. Who was this person? Yes, yes it was one of those horrible moments where I knew the face, well sort of but could not remember anything else about the person. Their name, what classes they did or how I even knew them. but I didn't want to make myself look like a idiot by admitting this, or at least in my case more of a idiot then I actually am, so I was there desperately wanting the conversation to end when this person dropped their bombshell SH had got married. ( not S as in A + S, or S as in S + J who've just got married, but SH from college) wow got think of better code names for people don't i? Why was it a bombshell and why was I so surprised?

Well I'm sure as most people know there's a social pecking order at most schools. The pretty girls and jocks at the top, the nerds and geeks towards the bottom ( which I'm fairly sure I straddled both of the groups so would that have made me a gerd or a neek? who knows?) anyway even below the nerds and the geeks are the 'outcasts' the one who are so weird or Goth like that they don't fit into any group, not that anyone would want them. Well SH was near enough at the bottom of the outcast group only beaten narrowly by the strange girl who went around in a fur lined hooded jacket even in the height of summer and never ever washed, so as you may have guessed SH was pretty much the lowest of the low in the social order of the college. And he's now married, before me. and he's three years younger then me. and not only that apparently he was engaged to another girl before that was broken off and he met his wife. So to recap the loser of the school, three years younger then me has not only to be engaged once but twice and he is now married. While my chances of even getting at the date at the moment appear to be hovering right -100% from my point or the dating ladder which is roughly opposite to the earth's core although I'm probably even further down the ladder now MR is back. Well I think I'm going to deal with this in a calm, sedate and rational manner....................................


" Waggh, waggh, It's not fair, it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair!vv it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair!"

See that was calm, sedate and rational.................................... and if you believe that I just need to run and man the anti aircraft mount on top of the building to defend us against the oncoming squadrons of flying pigs!

I still can't for the life of me figure out who the guy who stopped me and talked to me was either. It'll probably come to me in about six months time when I can't remember why I was trying to remember this guys name anyway. but c'est la vie!

Oh just noticed on the news pages that Nasa has just announced that Discovery has flow a nearly flawless mission so far. D'ohhh!!!!! Are they deliberately trying to jinx it! Mind you all the media were following the launch really intently but as everything is on track they don't seem to be bothered anymore. I suppose it's not as interesting when there's not much chance of danger! It's only really interesting now to geeks, nerds, or neeks and gerds . Or maybe even geek guru nerds, uber geeks, nerd gurus or a neekgerd guru, or maybe I need to stop making up terms and words :-) who knows?


anyway. Till later!

2 comments:

Nemesis said...

See, it will help to tell yourself what I tell myself when I hear about people getting married before me when they SO shouldn't be:

They probably married someone as odd as they are, in which case they're actually doing me a favor by clearing the field a bit.

Saxon said...

Right I'll try and remember that and not that the 'field' has been reduced and my chances reduce again :-)