Thursday, February 10, 2011

There's a reason your not supposed to do that when driving

I was someone surprised to find myself stuck behind a rather slow moving car when attempting to join the motorway on the way home from work. And when I say slow moving I mean slow moving.

This car at most was only going at 35 mph! I have never seen anyone drive that slowly joing a motorway.

The problem only got worse when we joined the motorway as stuck behind this slow moving vehicle, I simply had no opportunity to move out and around as I simply didn't have the speed to be able switch lanes.

I slowly started to become suspicious that something wasn't right as the car seemed to be moving from side to a awful lot across the lane but my suspicision quickly developed into horror when the car proceeded to very into the middle lane crossing the line before the driver corrected avoiding a collision with a fast approaching frantically braking lorry but inches if not cm's.

Then finally there was enough of a gap to allow me to quickly get out of the inside line and get around this slow moving pest. But as I was zipping past I couldn't help but dart a quick look at the driver and immediately realised why this car seemed to be barely in control.

I could see the female driver with mobile phone in hand obivously writing a text message whilst driving.

I decided the only sensible thing at this point was to get as far away from this car as possible as quickly as possible.

Still slightly stupid drivers aside it's been a fairly good day and we even got some typical british summer weather early................ and by that I mean it rained. And rained, and rained. Plus it wasn't nice rain either, it was that really yucky light rain too.

Hopefully it won't last too long. As I'm sure we'll have a whole summer of that kind of weather to look forward too *sigh*

Anyhow, it's Friday tomorrow, which means a dress down day at work and only one more day until the weekend. Yah!

Later Folks

No comments: