Saturday, February 26, 2011

I really hoped I imagined that

I was in town today and I happened to pop into HMV. Now I was walking along the shelves browsing when something made me stop, back up and look again as I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing.



And what was I seeing?



Why the newly released DVD for the brand new Film " Titanic II"



Now I know I shouldn't have but I just had to pick the DVD up to read the back blurb to see what the heck this thing was about.



The basic plot as far I remember is that someone decides to build a replica of the Titanic calling it the "titanic II" and decides to set sail taking a load of passengers on the exact same course the titanic was on ( only in reverse) from USA to UK eactly one hundred years to the day the original Titanic set sail. And....... the ship gets to the UK with out incident......



No of course not. I'm sure you've already figured out what happens exactly one hundred years to the day of the sinking.



Although this time the ships sinks due to a series of mega tsunamis which are set off buy melting ice sheets in greenland.



I finally put the dvd down with some reluctance as this film sounded so appalingly bad that it might actually be "good" and I'm trying to save money right now.



I'll probably go back to get it once it goes into the reduced sale section. Which by the looks of the film will probably be next week :-)



Later folks

No comments: