Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I win, I win!

Yes in case you haven't guessed it, I won! Wait. What do you mean you have no idea of what I'm talking about? Can't you use your psychic powers and figure it out? What do you mean your not psychic? Oh wait that would be another one of those only in fantasy not in reality things. Oh in that case I suppose I'd better explain then. See, aren't I good?

Well in reference to yesterdays post, my refund is now underway because after getting sick to the back teeth of waiting for them to reply, which btw they still haven't, I called Amazon and put in a complaint. Amazon customer service who were great took all the info now and started the refund themselves. So I'm getting my money back and the seller will hopefully get exactly what they deserve too.:-) and if all this wasn't enough, Amazon itself got some copies of the Calvin and Hobbes set in themselves and were selling them at a much better discount. So I decided to place another order straight away and instead of using my switch this time I used my visa card, which I have for emergencies. Yes, yes I know before you all start shouting that this wasn't technically an emergency, yes alright it wasn't any sort of emergency at all technically or otherwise, but I didn't want to wait for my refund to come through to my bank account as I didn't know how long Amazon would have a copy. I'll pay it off at the end of the month. Honest :-)

Something is supposed to be going on at the end of the week, YSA wise. But I'm still waiting for any sort of txt from either C or MR, who henceforth will be referred to as Smooth ( he knows why :-) to let me know what the plan is. Although with the usual planning style of the YSA I'm not surprised that there's no info yet. I wouldn't be surprised if we get the info on Friday morning, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he,he, he.

LDS Linkup update, I'm all the way up to 16 friends, ya. It's give the impression that people might actually like me :-) Still only on two comments though, so that percentage is actually getting worse rather then better, but hey I guess we'll see. Love life update...well do I really have to tell you.

The mystery which is next door gets more and more curious. The 'shed' was in fact a shed. It was decking and before you make any smart comments Grumpy said it was a shed so I believed him as I bowed to his more extensive knowledge of all things garden, although in this case his knowledge of the difference between decking and a shed is somewhat lacking :-) The decking has been put in their back garden over the existing patio.( grumpy stuck his head over the fence alright? Yes I know we're being noisy so and so's) In the front garden, they have removed all of the stones and tore up the ground underneath and torn up all the driveway that they could get too. So we're really confused as to what's going on there. Any suggestions anyone??

Petrol at the local petrol station is all the way down to 89.9. Yes that's right 89.9!! I remember when I though 79.9 was cheap. *sigh*

The number of stingray and Steve Irwin jokes have died off at work as people seemed to have , somewhat belatedly mind you that it's not funny and a man has died. The launch of the shuttle Atlantis has been scrubbed and they've only got two more goes to try it before their 'window' closes and once again I got bored so watch 'supernanny' last night. I think I should tape it for J +T , so next time JB is misbehaving and getting on their nerves they can play it and go, well he could be worse :-) Seriously the behavior and language of some of these kids is shocking and most of them do not have any conditions such as ADHD ( before anyone jumps on me I'm just using this as a example in that a kid with a condition like this can't help be hyperactive and most of the kids of supernanny don't have such a condition, their just bad behaved annoying little toe rags :-)which might be a contributing cause to their behavior.

Two other things in the news caught my eye, one that a minister who was handing out leaflets at a 'gay mardi gras' has been arrested and charged for using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior for handing out 'leaflets which contained Biblical quotes about homosexuality', we're on a slippery slope here I tell ya, slippery slope. The second was that the kid in the frosties advert, you all know the one, where the really annoying one where he goes through the advert singing "their going to taste great" ( note, if this especially song is now stuck in your head after reading this I deny all responsibility if it does in fact drive you crazy) has been receiving death threats. Yes that's right, the frosties kid has been receiving death threats. What the heck is wrong with the world right now? Hmm?

Later?

No comments: