Monday, May 02, 2011

Dark Skies

The bright sunshine and clear blue skies were slightly dampened today by the quite awful smell of burning plastic!

Basically in Loughborough a rather large plastic recycling centre had caught fire, shuting a major road and casting a huge black pail of smoke into the sky which you could see from miles away!

Plus it wasn't just the smell you had to put up with. We kept getting bits of "ash" or rather little bits of fire blackened plastic drop out of the sky.

Which I'll admit in the grand scheme of things it wasn't a massive problem but it was still somewhat annoying.

Also when I had to go into Loughborough due to road closures, I literally had to go the long way round. I.e to the other side of Loughborough and then come back in. Which made the trip three times longer then it was usually and I was only going for a new bulb for one of my indicators on the car.

But c'est la vie I guess.

Anyway, I'm back to work tomorrow and I'm going to be on lates which should be interesting.

Later folks!

No comments: