Thursday, August 05, 2010

Knowing the Signs

I've found that I can tell when I hit that definitive point when I need a break. It takes that little bit more effort to focus, keeping my calm takes that little bit more effort, it's just that little bit more difficult to get out of bed in the morning.

I kinda of felt that I hit that point today. Well it was either that or the angry customer who called me a idiot half a dozen times. Yes it was one of those days. Well for the morning at least, it got better in the afternoon at least.

Well at least I only have another week to go before my next holiday break!

It's true that my job has proven to be something of a interesting learning experience and it's not a cliche to say that you do learn something new everyday. And today was no exception as we learned about one of the channel islands called Sark Island which was subject to an attempted invasion in 1990. Not a large scale invasion by any stretch of the imagination as it was mounted by a umployed french physicist who put up signs over night to declare his intention to take the island over the following day at noon. He was arrested sitting on a bench whilst changing the magazine on his weapon by the islands volunteer police constable! I mean failing in your single handed invasion attempt is bad enough but to be stopped by a volunter constable that must have just rubbed salt into the wound :-)

I also found out today that I will be one of the first people to takea new internal training course which sounds very interesting indeed. Plus it will be held off site so I get two days away, whislt the company pays. Sweet!

Anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: