Wednesday, August 11, 2010

From High hopes to low depths

I was trying to be optomistic. I'll say that now. I was really hoping that I would be proven wrong and faith would be rewarded.

But it wasn't!

And what has caused this woe and lamentation I hear you ask?

Why the second episode of the Deep. It seems that as the film Ghost ship bought together the worlds dumbest salvage crew ( what do you mean what was the Marie Celestie?) the Deep has bought together the Worlds dumbest scientists.

Marvel at a crew who can go from dissecting a rabit to dissecting a human being and being able to tell what killed him in a few minutes. A crew who forget that putting two people in a one man submarine will do things to it's buoyency, a crew who can identify that a underwater craft larger then anything seen in Human history is not only Human built but also Russian simply by looking at the welding!

Well you get the idea.

I've recently started watched Babylon 5 again. Why? Maybe Because it was a great series, because it was one of my favourite tv shows when I was a teenager, or maybe because you can now buy each complete series for only £13 in HMV which is less then one of the videos of two episodes for the series cost.

One of my favourite things about the show was the launch sequence for the fighters. Awesome!

The show is also interesting as being a great case study in showing the advances of CGI. Just watch the difference in battle scenes from the 1st and 2nd series and you can see theres a massive difference. Let alone the difference between the scenes in series 1 and series 5!

Lastly the characters were pretty good as well. G'kar was certainly one of my favourites and one of my favourite quotes from him was the speech he gave just after finding out his homeworld had been conquored
" No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand. The Centuari learned that lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Although it may take a thousand years, we will be free"

anyway,

Later Folks.

No comments: