Monday, August 09, 2010

It's really rather wet

It's been raining this evening. In fact it's been raining very hard. I got rather wet leaving the cinema after a YSA trip to the movies. So as you can imagine I wasn't keen on the idea of going back out into the rain. Much to Grumpys disappointment as he tried to bribe me into taking Owen for his evening walk.

Speaking of which, We're starting to wonder if Owen is having Anger management issues. He's never been overly fond of the postman. Which is why we had to install a postbox on the wall outside so we could get the post intact and not scattered and hidden around the house. It's also why we have to keep a chair in the hall againist the door to stop him jumping up and scratching the glass any worse then he has done already.

He used to just charge down the stairs barking whenever the postman arrives, now when the postman arrives he grabs the nearest shoe he can find and starts tossing it backwards and forwards around the hallway in a fit of pique. Grumpy rescued a shoe off him the other day just a little too late as it now has teeth marks through it.

He seemed a bit worried when he told me what had happened as he obivously thought I was going to tell Owen off for ruining my shoes.

He didn't need to worry.

They weren't my shoes he had just ruined. They were Grumpys!

It was a interesting day at work, especially as it was the first day at my new desk. It was much more a case of standing on my own two feet as the senior and manager in our department are now on the other side of the department, so it's not easy to ask quick questions anymore.

Still it keeps life interesting.

Four days to go until Holiday time!

Later folks.

No comments: