Saturday, August 21, 2010

29 years and one day

Yes good ole Father time has kept on his relentless match and as of yesterday I was officially another year older. Although I can say with total conviction that although I may be another year older I am still certainly none the wiser.


I received a new camera which has more then twice the megapixels of my old one, some vouchers, some money, and two books. One of which which was gotten for me by mult-task and Bishop Mechanicum and is now sitting on my shelf taunting me to read it all right now! Which I want to, but also don't want to as their particular author writes infuriatingly slowly! There was a space of five years, yes FIVE YEARS! between this book and the last one.

I also had one of my nieces and nephews stop by to drop off the present from their family. Even though I'm getting old, Uncle Saxon still scored some major coolness points by not only have wii motion plus controllers, but having the black ones, complete with black nunchuks and to cap off the coolness also having a the Black Wii instead of the white one.

However Uncle Saxon then proceeded to loose all aquired coolness points by loosing at Mario Kart to my nephew, not by a little but by a lot. In the sense that every race he came first I came last! I was loosing so badly that he actually started to consol me by apologising for being so good at the game and that it was okay to be bad as some people just couldn't grasp certain kinds of games.

Although the consoling soon stopped when he put on Wii Sports to play baseball and found that he couldn't beat me at that! Or at least couldn't beat me as badly at that. ( I still lost mind you)That was the point that the excuses started that he was out of practise on the baseball and that was the only reason he wasn't doing better.

Well it's back to work on Monday. Somebody asked me if I was dreading the huge pile of work that would have built up in my absensce. However there won't be any because due to the nature of the job the queries couldn't wait a week. In most cases they couldn't wait a day, so they would have just been shared out amongst the rest of the team.

It probably means that either irony or karma take your pick will balance things out and hit me with a load of tough files come Monday morning.

It could be worse. I could be on the late shift as opposed to the 9am.

This time next week I will be at the national convention. So at always this means there will be a break in postings from the Friday through to the Monday. When you can rest assured you will get the usual ( in probably more depth then needed but c'est la vie) posts described the highs and hopefully little to no lows of the weekend.

Later folks

2 comments:

Nemesis said...

Happy one-day-late birthday! And don't feel bad about losing at Mario Kart. That game is hard! (At least that's what I tell myself every time I lose at it.)

Drat said...

hey saxon! first off! Happy birthday! Not long till the big 3-0! oh my goodness! Anyway, I said Happy birthday on FB as well, but just wanted to give you doubble congrats! hee hee!

I know what you mean about little kids on the wii! They know all the secret places and hidden tricks.

Ok, so I have a question/request for you.... as a beloved long time reader and commenter, now that you have a new camera will you PLEASE take some pictures and put them on your blog! It brightens it up so much! I love the posts with pictures because we havnet seen each other for ages and ages and its good to see what everyone from the old school is doing! I know that you might not want to put personal ones on your blog, but put them on Facebook instead, that way only genuine friends can see them!

I dont know if you know, but I have just moved to Denmark! So I have put some pics of me on my FB page, take a look at our new place! its a big change from the UK!

Stay in touch saxon and I hope year 29 is the best year yet for you!

Drat