Monday, December 13, 2010

I was only trying to help

First off a Random and somewhat puzzling thing I have noticed when it comes to facebook status updates. I do a update saying I'm fed up and in need of a hug I get nothing, zero, zilch nada. No comments from anyone.

I do a update saying how I hurt my knee and shoulder when Owen pulled me down a frozen slope Sunday morning and I get two likes from people.

So it seems that people don't notice if I'm depressed and in need of a hug but like it when I get injured?

I think that might be a thread I really don't want to pull at.

Work today was, well it was pretty much insane. One of the girls on my team had a particuly difficult morning and looked to be on the verge of tears. I decided to try and cheer her up and went and got her a cup of tea and her favourite choc bar as a surprise to cheer her up. At which point when I gave them to her and explained why I had got them for her, she promptly declared she was going to cry and rushed out of the office leaving me standing there with a couple of glares from people who obivously wanted to know what I had done. I tried to vainly mumble a excuse before realising that I probably wouldn't win and just resorted to muttering that one phrase that all men will have uttered at somepoint in their lifes
" I don't understand women"

Joking aside I did feel really, really quilty until she came back and assured me she was okay. The guy who sits next to me couldn't resist the urge to tease me about it for the rest of the morning saying I had nobody to blame but myself for feeling guilty if I would go around and upset girls by giving them free chocolate.

anyway,

Later folks

No comments: