Monday, June 18, 2007

There's a hole in the plan somewhere

Well It's the 2nd birthday of Nemesis's blog. Which is a good a point as any to say congratulations to her. This blog writing thing is really, really not as easy as it looks. Also the next major problem is getting people to come and read the thing. Even when you give them the address. For example fairly recently while round Engineseer’s I was checking my blog or comments and cordeila happened to look at the screen. Slightly paraphrasing it here but what she said was “ Ohh, you’ve changed the layout, you’ve only done that recently haven’t you” “ No, I did it months ago” Long period of silence followed. I mean Nemesis's blog had over 31,000 visitors and her last post had 44 comments. My blog has about 1300 visitors and my most commented post recently had three posts. So I think I'm doing something wrong somewhere. Maybe should avoid being so geeky all the time and starting making some sense occasionally.

Thinkie work that would?

Sometimes it would be nice if I could give flippant answers to queries at work. For example one of the queries I had today about one of our product ranges
“ How many Mugs do you have there”
Lots and lots. And they all work for the company, boom, boom!

The space shuttle is coming back from the international space station soon, after delivering some new solar panels. However the main interest was in the damage to the shuttles heat protection system which had to be repaired using steel pins and a surgical stapler. However of course they had to jazz it up with using technical terms otherwise they would have to admit the in depth repair job was akin to using a hammer and stapler to staple and nail a blanket to the side of a car. Of course there’s every possibility that I am being just a token too cynical there.

But then what else is new.

Doctor Who at the weekend. Best line from a bad guy ever.
“Anyway, why don't we stop and have a nice little chat where I tell you all my plans and you can work out a way to stop me. I don't think."
Genius.

There’s a sign that there may be hope for me yet. I have not given into watching Big brother! Yaaaaaaaaaa!!! And there’s a even better sign for the future of Man. Nobody at work is talking about it, they tend to talk about the new history programme on BBC 2 instead. But then again considering where I work, I suppose more people are going to watch a programme on the battlefields of the 20th century rather then big brother anyway.

Oh well.

Later!

2 comments:

Nemesis said...

One thing I've learned is that the more regularly you post, the more traffic you get. I'm glad to see that you're writing more often!

Saxon said...

yes, one of my 'mid year' resolutions.