Monday, June 11, 2007

No Thank you means NO THANK YOU!

If there's anything worse then a unhelpful member of staff in a bank, it's a overly helpful one. I was in the bank on Saturday to pay a Cheque in and pay off some of my credit card ( yes ( know I've been a bit naughty in using a credit card, but it's only been for essentials I promise). So the resulted conversation went along these lines

I can see that you still have some money left to pay off on your card sir
yes,
Well if your only paying a bit off each month it's going to take longer to do so
I'm aware of that, thank you,
Are you having problems with paying it off sir?
No, not that's it's any of your business but I have other expense this month which is why that's not a big pay off
Well would you like to see one of our advisors?
no thank you,
You could see one now sir
No thank you,
You should have a review of your account every few months sir
that maybe so, but I don't one to see one today thank you,
You could be eligible for a loan sir
I don't want one thank you,
Well it could be a much better deal and you would be paying less of,
thank you but no
You could get a little extra for other things
( at this point I'm getting annoyed, it's a very hot day and I want to get out of the bank)
So your suggestion is to pay off my credit card which I only used in the first place because I didn't have the money, is to borrow money off you and end up paying you back for even longer!
There's no need to take that tone sir.

At which point he got a glare from his supervisor and obviously realized I wasn't going to budge and take lots of money off them which I didn't actually need. So it might take me another two months to pay off my card, but I'm in a better condition with my card then some people.

Mentioning no names :-)

Church was fun yesterday, DL who is the brother of Mechanicus, well his wife was given a new calling. However the Bishop somehow managed to get extremely confused and called for a sustaining vote referring to her as 'Brother'. Mind you it seemed half the congregations hand were already half the way up before someone managed to get the bishop to realize what he had just done. so it does beg the question as to how many people actually listen to the names of who it is that their sustained!

Engineseer and I were supposed to be going over to Leicester after church to have Lunch at J's house (she's American) as she was holding a dinner for B (whose also American) parents. Who came over to visit as B is about to leave soon. However we got a text message first thing from J to say that the meal was cancelled and it was a very long story. No unlike a lot of other people we're certain that if J says it's a long story. It is indeed a long story. Place your bets now as to what it is!

Talking of departures, it's Bosslady's last week before she leaves. It really, really, really does suck being in a ward with such a prominent university sometimes. It never gets any easier to see people leaving. Mind you I did get a text from her last night ( gee what ever did we do before text messaging) asking for this blog address. So I might actually get another person to read this thing. Mind you not sure what prompted the asking. I don't think I've said anything bad about her.... I think :-) I'll guess I'll find out soon enough.

later

No comments: