Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It's going to be one of those days.

Looking at the news today as I do everyday ( I'm nothing if not consistant) I say this;

"A US man has lost a $54m (£27m) claim against a South Korean dry-cleaning firm which lost a pair of his trousers. "

Apparently the man was sueing the dry cleaners because they lost a pair of trousers. He claimed that they had violated the consumer protection act by refusing to pay him $1,000 after loosing his trousers. The rest of the $54 million he wanted for damages includes the cost of him hiring a car every weekend to enable him to drive to an alternative dry-cleaners for the next 10 years and thhe 1,400 hours he spent preparing the case. Unsurprsingly the case was thrown out although it had dragged on for two years. They should have just gone on Judge Judy. It would have been a heck of a lot quicker :-)

Apparently the big Brother contestants have abandoned their latest task, which was a sleep deprivation exercise. apparently they had to go sixty hours and only have four hours of sleep between them. So the main problem they faced was trying to keep themselves awake. Ironically from what I understand the viewers are currently having the same problem as well.

Paris Hilton has just been released from jail. After serving roughly half of her 45 day jail term she got out early for good behaviour. Is that justice? Not for her, the rest of us I mean. We were promised 45 days when she would be locked up and outta the news. We should get 45 Paris free days! It's our right!! Sorry where was I?

Grumpy is off on a course later this week from Thursday through to Sunday night. So I have a empty house and of course typically msot of the YSA are off doing something. Although to be fair I suppose some of them have better excuses then others. Like Engineseer for instance. His two brothers are coming back for the Summer. So I guess that's two more codenames I have to think of, either that or I'll just refer to them as Brother 1 and brother 2. Well on the plus side at least it means they'll be somebody there to clean their kitchen. He, he, he. Oops I shouldn't have said that really, I did promise that I was going to try avoiding mentioning that in future. And as everybody who knows me can atest. I'm very trying :-)

Grumpy learned a very valuable lesson this weekend as to why the biggest tools are always necessarily the best tools for the job. We were having a problem with the sink in the bathroom. It wasn't blocked totally, but when you ran the water it backed up and took ages to drain away. So Grumpy decides to go into a hardware shop to get a plunger. However rather then a standard one, he gets a multi purpose one, which has a pump to help build up the pressure. It was almost as long as my arm and was also multi purpose, i.e could unblock sinks and toilets. That should have been our first warning. The second was the warning on the packet that appropriate eye protection and safety gear should be worn when using it. So on Sunday while I'm at church Grumpy decides he's going to give this thing ago. Connects it to the Sink, puimps it up then pulls it 'up and off' the plughole. At which point in his words " A lot of very black water" proceeds to shoot up and out of the plughole and sprays all acorss the bathroon and into the bath, and across the tiles. Yet somehow manahes to miss all our tooth brushes. Grumpys only comment on what happened. " Next time your doing it!"

and on that note,

later!

No comments: