Saturday, April 30, 2011

Say what?

I have to admit that sometimes I read the newspaper and wonder if some of the stories are just plain made up as they really seem just far too stupid to be true.

Unfortunatly they are true, as in the case of this story I saw this week.

A new animal rights article ( probably from the university of we've got nothing better to be doing) has said that we should no longer calls our Dogs, cats, gerbils, fish etc "pets" ( I swear I'm not making this up) as it is insulting to them. We should call them companion animals.

But the insanity, erhh... I mean the article doesn't stop there.

No apparently we should also no longer consider ourselves to be said animals "owners" we are now "Human Carers".

And it still doesn't stop.

Apparently we should no longer use terms such as "sick as a parrot" and "drunk as a skunk" as this is a form of abuse.

Also we are invited to no longer call wild animals, wild animals as "wilderness" is too close to uncivilised" we should call them "free living, Free ranging or free roaming animals" instead.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go off somewhere shaking my head and go worry for the future of civilisation.

Later folks.

No comments: