Friday, April 15, 2011

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it

Well it's hard not feel the weight of my advancing years right now what with approaching that special point in life where as I'm not leaving with a spouse, I'll be pushed out of the YSA and become a single adult. Or to put it another way I'll go from hanging out with people who are 18 to 30 to hanging out with people who could be30 to well dead as someone put it.

Still I'm pleased to see that I can still show the youngsters a thing or too. I'll admit that the days of being able to exist on only four or five hours sleep are distressingly far in the past, but still I seem to have a lot more stamina then a lot of other YSA as a lot of them keep crying off activities claiming they are too tired or had a long day at work.

Or where it's a case that I have more stamina or am simply too strubborn to miss out on a activity I want to go to is a question I will leave for another day.

Anyway, we went to the new laserquest place in Leicester this evening which I have to say was a lot of fun. Even if we managed to completely confuse the staff with our energy levels that were not down to drink or anything else! The first two games went rather well but as I kept scoring among the highest in the final game where it was a free for all I might have well as painted a target on my back! Still at least I managed to come second even if my accuracy was quite bad.

In fact the most accurate shooter of the night was one of the girls who scored the highest in each other.

Still at least we'll have a fun way to report the activity
" We spent the evening promoting YSA togetherness by shooting each other!"

anyway,

Later folks.

2 comments:

drat said...

nothing brings a team together like yelling "DIE SUKKERS" at the top of your lungs!

Saxon said...

true, true