Thursday, December 06, 2007

Guess where I got the idea from this post from? Go on guess?

Well there’s nothing like a good wholesome discussion topic on a message board to prove that YSA as church members are not shallow and date people based on superficial attributes.

Unfortunately this latest post that caught my eye is nothing like a good wholesome discussion topic on a message board that proves that YSA as church members are not shallow and date people based on superficial attributes.

Who is the starter of this thread “Why bad kissers stay single” I hear you ask? Why clever clogs from Utah entering stage left once again. (as before my comments in bold)

“CNN has an article about kissing and its actually quite interesting:
Everything that’s going on in the world and he finds a article on kissing the most interesting. Speaks volumes doesn’t it?
Kissing really is a deal braker.
Anymore clichés you’d like to throw in while your at it.
I've kissed a few girls who were really bad kissers. The relationship ended pretty quickly after that.
Sigh. Once again the jerk gets the girls
But the relationships that I've enjoyed the most are where the girl really is a great kisser.
Well your not superficial at all, are ya?
The most interesting thing is the study confirms that men enjoy french kissing more than women do. ;)
I don’t think they really needed to do a study to confirm that! Maybe it was from the university of the blindingly obivous”

First Reply
“So the question is... is it once a bad kisser, always a bad kisser?
you would hope that with practice you improve.
I find it interesting that your most satisfying relationships were with good kissers. Was it purely skill?
I find it more worrying then interesting
Or was the kissing also better because other parts of the relationship were better?”

cue sensible reply from a girl

“The guys I have kissed that started out as bad kissers...got better with a little communication and practice.
No guy will complain if a girls wants to teach them to improve.
No, I never told them they were "bad" kissers. But telling a guy what you DO like and pulling away when he does something you don't like go a long way in curing bad habits.
See guys can learn new tricks. I am worried though cause I’m sure they use a similar training method with Dogs.
I think it is shallow to break up with an otherwise wonderful person over the fact that they are not a very good kisser.
Hear, hear
But if with communication things didn't improve, I can see that it would be a big deal.
maybe”

Finally someone asks the obvious question

“I don't understand all of this obsession with skill and french kissing kissing here on Linkup or with LDS men.
It’s like a little kid when you tell them not to do something. They want to know all about it as it must be cool if you’ve been told no.
Isn't this an LDS website?
Apparently so, you’d be forgiven for thinking otherwise sometimes.
The Strength of the Youth pamphlet specify that we should not kiss passionately.”
Absolutely.

However one girl then replies to the comment about the strength of youth booklet
“I'm 35. That no longer applies.”
Once again I appear to have missed a Sunday school lesson. The one where we were told that the strength of youth booklet only applies up until a certain age.

Then classy girl decides to put her two cents worth in two successive comments.
“it may say that more men prefer french kissing,
Yes but it probably is true.
but it also pretty much says men will kiss or have sex with anything.
So many jokes….must leave it alone…..
so be proud of your gender. be very proud”
well if you insist. I wll be”

then
“ seriously. if someone tries to guilt me for french kissing, it's not going to work.
Well lets take a wild stab in the dark as to what you do on dates, shall we??
I think if you're a virgin over 25 you should get a freaking medal and a pat on the back.
maybe this is a whole new way of convincing people to follow church teachings. They get medals! Hmm, maybe not.
also, boobs should be freebies after 26.
Wow, really classy lady isn’t she. "

So far this thread, raising lots more questions (disturbing most of them) then it has been answering.

Then from another girl.
“I have to agree- how one kisses says a whole lot about compatibility in many areas.I’ll have to take your word for this. All I want to know is why Mormon guys try and freaking eat your whole head
True, I see many headless girls walking around…… wait a second
and are into tonsil excavation. So unclassy.
And the girls have being giving a much more classy impression of themselves in this thread, haven’t they?
Whatever happened to sweet lip play.”
Who knows?”

Cue classy lady again:
“because they try to compensate for being virgins.. ?
Words honestly failed me at this comment.

Back to other girl
“Yes, that's why I think guys like French Kissing more than women
Yes I think we’re already gathered guys like French kissing more then girls.
because they are trying to infer other things..
what? What? WHAT?
Which is why some guy being all tonsil hockey makes me totally grossed out.
Okaayyy I suppose there’s always the possibility that some guys are trying to infer other things, that or you have a exceptionally high opinion of yourself.
.I'm not sure what that means for women who do that tongue to the tonsil thing...but it's gross
I think that’s a discussion if your right about French kissing inferring things that we should stay with from a ten foot barge pole


Back to classy lady
“yeah, i just don't get ppl who think being super agressive is a turn on, it's juvenile
Well to each their own

Finally the last comment which I think sums up this thread
“they put out the fire with all that saliva..”

Any suggestion for a punch line? Anyone?

Later!

No comments: