Thursday, November 29, 2007

Why I'm probably giving up on that site unlike I feel like depressing myself somemore

Technik used to run a YSA website. Towards the end a lot of people who used the forum on it were, well to be honest gettng a bit self righteous. Theres now another site which I suppose the best way to describe it is like a basic LDS version of facebook. It suffers from the same problem but on a much greater scale. For Example there was a thread about if your single and over 25 your either strange or divorced. One guy said, and I'll leave my comments in bold( all through the post as a matter of fact as it has turned out a heck of a lot longer then I thought it would be)

"In the LDS culture waiting to marry until later
(so if your not married by 25 your purposefully waiting? is that where I'm going wrong I'm wating to get married. )
is like toy shopping a week or two after Christmas.
(January sales? so many jokes.....)

All the toys that meet the needs of the mass market have been purchased.
(molly mormons? and wait what is the male equivilant of molly?
With the exception of a few niche toys,
(i'm a niche, well maybe theres hope for me, to be a niche there has to be people who like that niche)
most the toys are leftovers not desired by the masses.
so i'm a leftover am I, well I suppose I have been called worse
To make matters worse we have to deal with the returns.

Typically there is a real reason why divorce happens
( get out of town, theres a reason for divorce)
and at least one of the two returns is the reason for the divorce
(the man is speaking gibberish here I swear)
and will be the reason for a second divorce. (The divorce rate on second marriages is higher than for first marriages.)
(lies, darned lies and statistics)

The more mentally healthy ex-spouse may marry
( mentally healthy is a term that I don't think applies to you)
and never enter the market again;
(I guess that would be the meat market)
therefore, the more broken toys will keep reentering the singles scene and increasing the number of severely damaged toys.
( and your so perfect)
You are shopping in a world of broken toys and it gets worse all the time. Enjoy!"
( well we can but hope you never get on the shelves and stay in the stock room you arogant so and so)

Can you tell he ticked me off!

One girl then chips in
"<--sees business opportunity in trafficking LDS single males to UK as the male/female ratio here is so poor. "
and people find it hard to understand sometimes why I get so depressed. You try and do everything right and do everything girls say they look for in a guy and then you still get girls saying stuff like this. I think all blokes should oppose this idea on principle. There are enough of our girls go out to the states without importing US YSA guys into the country to lower the odds for us even further.

She then mentions another friend who went to the US and got married who said that she went to the US becuase there were no men over here. Sigh nothing like a good moment of being told that you don't count as 'men' is there.

Then someone else chips in

"if you are divorced you are not as much of an'outcast' as at least you gave it a try."

Okay it appears I am now a outcast, strange niche toy. Maybe I should use that in my email signature

Saxon,
Direct Sales Assistant,
Optomistic pessismist
Strange outcast niche toy
(BA)

Think that works?

Well I suppose it could be worst. I could be divorced then I might be in real trouble, well at least according to this post in the thread in reply to the comment there were no men in the UK. Again my comments in bold

"this is true...I was at a multi regional SA convention in England recently, 100 attendees..15 men.
I thought she just said there were no men. make up your mind dear
one of those was the father of his two special needs sons attending.
even if you were discounting those three that still leaves you 12
several of the remainder had been divorced twice.
so? is there some rule that means there now classed as untouchable
Priesthood holders visiting from abroad scarcely step off the plane without the grapevine knowing all :-)))))"
female grapevine. If the guys heard about it they would probably be thrown right back on the next plane out of the uk.

then this appeared;
"Is it true that alot of LDS singles who are older and never married have probably strayed away from the church at some point?
Xxxx. Wrong guess, would you like to go for double jeopady where the scores can really change.
I'm asking this because my mom has told be that I would have been married by 21 or 22 if I hadn't left the church. Now why should this matter?"
Here's a hint. it DOESN'T.

Why this girl even thought that is mind boggling. I know several girls who are over 25 who are not married. There not strange, their not weird and certainly out of my league as they are so great, smart and pretty, the only mind boggling thing is that the guys who are in their league haven't snapped them up. Whenever there Mr right comes along he will be a lucky man.

A US guy then says in reply to the comment about there being no guys in england
"My gosh that is awful. What about the other European countries?With the pound doing so well, why not come over to our side of the pond and grace us with yourpresence
There are enough english girls going to the US without you encouraging them!
Something to think about lass. :)cheers "
Oh he's so funny, if he were anymore funny I might actually smirk

So to recap as I am over 25 and not married it is down to me being a strange niche outcast toy who apparently is not classified as a man by some YSA females. Although to be fair this comment about there being no men is even more baffling when applied to someone like RP or Fraggle. Who I guess they can never have met otherwise they would have never made that comment.

So lets recap again and sum me up, according to that thread and my standard view of my anyway. I am a optomistic pessimistic strange outcast niche toy uber geek who is not classified as a man by some ysa Females. Oh but at least I can put BA after my name, I'm sure theres not many optomistic pessimistic strange outcast niche toy uber geeks who is not classified as a man by some ysa Females who can do that.





No comments: