Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I remember when 80 pence seemed like a lot

It was very depressing this morning filling the car up petrol. The last petrol station in these here parts as sucumbered and petrol has crossed that magic £1 mark. Argghhhhhhh. I remember when 80 pence seemed like a lot and I don't care how much the government scrabbles around and bleats that petrol in real terms is 11 percent cheaper then in 1990. A £1 is still a £1. I wouldn't mind that much if I didn't know that 70 pence in every pound is going to the government as tax!.


Hmmmmm. right rant over.

Facebook news. Not only is Nemesis on Facebook, Engineseer has appeared as well as Grumpy and Tap-dance. Mind you I think Tap-dance was only "encouraged" to join by the fact Grumpy joined before he meaning he was more 'with it' then she was. I don't think she was going to stand for that :-) So only Fraggle to go now.

Anyone know where he is yet?

I've found myself in a philosophical mood recently. Somebody from our company(in another division to mine) was found collapsed a couple of weeks ago and died a few days later in hospital. What made me and several other people feel worse about the situation was that none of us could 'put a face to the name' as it were and we're not that big a company. It makes you think. Could people put your face to you name if you died? What impact or legacy would you leave on the world etc? Sorta thinking that gives you the shivers and keeps you up at night. And honestly I have been doing alot more deep and philosophical thinking then my rather brief ramblings here would suggest.

I'm getting a new computer at work. yaahhhh!!! Although I have to admit it was amusing to see the look on the IT guys face whenever they to came and do something and found I was still running on windows 2000 and near enough the rest of the company is on XP. The look was roughly similar to look on the monkeys face when they discover the monolith in 2001.

anyway,

Later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually I can be found on Facebook these days, although I'm not that impressed with it I have to say.

Reports of my demise are highly premature. Oh, and you might want to check that Angel isn't trying to text my old number, 'cause haven't got any of the texts she's apparently been trying to send me.

For the record, no I have not got a girl. That would be a transdimensional leap too far methinks!

Saxon said...

You obivousily one of those people who can find more constructive uses for their lives then spending in on Facebook.

Demise? No one said you were dead. But your here, so your obivousily not dead. Unless your the undead :-)

Yet still a transdimensional leap that your more likely to make then some os us :-)