Monday, September 17, 2007

Rhythm make me move!

Well I wasn't initially going to go to the dance on Friday. I was too tired to drive all the way to Birmingham ( besides I had no idea where the chapel was) and Engineseer hadn't got back to me so I assumed his car was full (which it was). So I guessed it would be another Friday night at home

I'll take people with no social life for $100

But then I got a text from Engineseer just after 7pm saying he now had a spare space. After some deliberation I decided to accept the offer. Well it gave me something to do... Anyway he was going to pick me up at quarter to eight. However by ten past eight there was no sign of him, which was very unlike him. So I called and found out he was waiting for two other ysa who was giving a lift to. They were coming across from near desford and had gotten lost. They had just called Engineseer to ask if geeksville was anyway near Melton Mowbray!

I'll take YSA who should really buy satnav for $600.

Well after they finally arrived we headed out. We reached the dance about a hour later(9.30) , without Engineseer having to drive at hyperdrive speed as well. As he put it we had arrived at the perfect time for arriving at dances. However we did notice that the car park wasn't very full for that time, in fact it was about two thirds empty.

I'll take ominous signs and portents for for $100.

When we got inside we signed on the Leicester stake sheet to discover we were the only ones there from Leicester. When we went into the hall there were at most a dozen people dancing. Not good! It did start to get a little busier later on but as dances go it was pretty quiet. The music was okay even if they did play that Sean Kingston song

I'll take songs that make Saxon want to glue his ears shut for $200

Well as we suspected there stopped the dance almost dead on 11pm. The leader closed the dance and asked us all if we could clear the car park by 11.30

I'll take crazy things ysa leaders ask for $400


Suffice to say most people weren't out of the building by 11.30 let alone out of car park. Engineseer summed it up best though by pointing out even if everyone had left immediately due to the design of the car park there's no way it could have been cleared by 11.30. We were standing around and talking when a leader came up to ask us if we had a vehicle we could get into. I resisted the impulse to say " no, but we can steal one", he then said " Because you'll want to get to subway as soon as possible". So rather then encouraging us to go home, he was encouraging us to go into Birmingham on a Friday night.

I'll take making the ysa someone else's problem for $200.

We didn't go to Subway, or Engineseers generic High street restaurant. We ended up at some place called Big John's. Who rapidly filled to busting with YSA. One of the workers in there even got his camera out to take pictures. After waiting ages in the queue it didn't help that I had two ysa shrieking (or what's known as having a conversation in there world I guess) in my ear the whole time. What made the shrieking worse was that they were both guys. One of them actually said, that people outside of the church often thought he was gay and he had no idea why. I have no idea why they could think that, no idea what so ever

I'll take Saxon lying through his teeth for $500

I think I eventually got home some time around 2amish and was helpfully woken up by Grumpy leaving at 7.30. arggggghhhhhhhhh....

There was a CES broadcast last night which was fairly good. We also signed up for the new institute classes which start on Wednesday. Which should be interesting. We think we have a couple of new YSA going to uni round leicester and we're still fairly certain that we're getting at least one in Loughborough.

anyway,

later!

No comments: