Saturday, September 15, 2007

Lets hope we're not starting as things mean to go on.

I thought I'd start this post with a list of items rarely seen. In fact so rarely seen no one can prove is they do or do not exist, The loch ness monster, Bigfoot, Aliens, My home teaching list.

But prepare your selves for a shock, after a eight month wait the EQ president has finally given me a home teaching list. Amazing isn't it?? I can't believe it either. It's not a particularly big list with only four families but at least it's a list.

Anyway I went home teaching last night with my new home teaching partner. Unfortunately we didn't manage to get any home teaching done. He had only made one appointment to see someone and that person was out. We tried calling the other two people on our list, no answer from one and the other was busy. Our last family live way way way out in the countryside and it was far too far to go to see if they were in 'on the off chance'. Besides I didn't know where they lived and neither did my new HT partner. So I wasn't going to risk going into the depths of the countryside without directions. I mean I have got lost sometimes when I knew where I was going!

So anyway my home teaching turned into a mystery tour around Loughborough but I guess it's the thought that counts. At least that's what I kept telling myself on the way home in a effort not to have a total flip out.

Grumpy is off on Holiday for a week on Saturday, so I'll have the house to myself for a week, not sure if that will make any difference to anything but there you go.

I've had a good day at work today, I managed to blag some spare models and due to a upcoming event we will be getting lots of books in next week. It's always satisfying to get a huge pile of free books. I'm sure mechanicus will be happy to as there's a couple there he'll want ( next HH Novel mechanicus) that I will be sending to him.

Well bosslady is now married; she has pictures up on her facebook page. SM has just announced her engagement also. What's the betting she'll be off to the US as well? See more proof that Nemesis's plan continues!. Speaking of Nemesis I'm fairly sure it was round about a year ago that she left. A year, a whole year! Where the heck is the time going

No comments: