Thursday, September 20, 2007

Feeling old, old, old, getting old, woe is me,

Etc, etc, etc.... Well guess what set them off? All out of guesses? anyone? Seriously is anyone out there? Not getting a lot of comments lately so it has started to feel like I'm talking to myself. Which is bad as even I bore me sometimes :-)

Anyway back to the point, as slim as it maybe. It was the first lesson of the new institute course last night. Engineseer was running late so it ended up I had to open things again I'm sure there can't be many classes where the librarian is in charge on a regular basis. I was looking around and got a nasty surprise. I was the oldest one there. Argghhhhhhhhh!!!! It didn't help with a load of new seminary graduates there as well which made me feel even older. The first of the courses was Eternal marriage which was interesting. There were several questions which we were spilt up into groups to answer. As I was partnered with some who is even less keen then me on public speaking, I had to do all the talking when it came to explaining our answers, which felt very nerve wracking, with everyone looking at me and I spent a lot of the time wondering if I was actually making any sense. It was worst when I finished because Bro H then aid he thought I said a interesting thing and wondered what the rest of the class thought. I was just sitting there thinking, no, no interesting thing, it wasn't interesting at all, in fact lets just pretend I never spoke! Unsurprisingly thinking that how no effect whatsoever. I guess my mental powers are on the blink.

Coredelia also came straight from work, she now works in primark in Loughborough. Some people asked her if she gets a discount (which she doesn't) but to be honest the stuff in there is so cheap if she did get a staff discount she would probably be able to buy the whole store!

As one of the lesson went on one of the next questions Bro H asked of the guys was about how you keep the conversation going and what questions do you think of before hand, to have 'on tap' to keep conversation going. All of the other guys were giving all these questions they think of before hand and used on 'all of their dates'. I just sat there thinking, please, please don't ask me, as I haven't actually been on enough dates to warrant thinking of questions like that and it was the last thing I wanted to admit in front of the whole class. So lets just keep that bit of information between you, me and the rest of the internet......

oh wait.....

anyway, I guess I had better started clearing up the house soon :-) I've let it slip couple of days, I actually had to turn the central heating on this week as it was that cold! I guess that means summer ( or at least what we got of it) is over then .

Well It's edging closer to that time of year again this Sunday. Where I have to see that 4.45am in the morning on a Sunday really does exist. argghhhhhhh!!!!! Oh well at least I only have to do it once a year. and it does mean we will have an exceptionally quiet office on Monday morning as people try to recover.

Later!

No comments: