Monday, September 10, 2007

Don't blame on the sunshine, Don't blame it on the moonlight, Don't blame it on the goodtimes, Blame it on the Nemesis!

Well yesterday at Church Engineseer and I were trying to be good an attentive as always in our Sunday school lesson ( you believe that you'll believe anything) when the teacher starts talking about the forthcoming lesson and how we'll be talking about a sensitive subject. It's at this point Engineseer starts laughing looks at me and says " Are you thinking of the same thing? Nemesis's blog?" Which made me laugh and got me a lot of odd stares from the other members of the class. We then moved into priesthood and as the lesson started we received the handouts. On what lesson?? Well I'm sure you can guess, yes it was on the Law of Chastity, which made me start to giggle and made Engineseer laugh as I passed the handouts to him, at which point a person sitting near me, glared at me and told me sternly that the Law of Chastity was no laughing matter. Which again made me think of Nemesis's blog post Back to our regularly scheduled brain-exploding and made me laugh even harder. Fortunately I managed to recover just in time for the start of the lesson, but I was ready to leave the room in a dramatic storm off if I saw even a hint of chewing gum. Fortunately there was no need to worry as Photoshop was teaching the lesson and he didn't mention chewing gum once. It was a extremely good lesson in fact and if you pardon the pun he could teach the people giving those lesson in the US a thing or two.

Mind you it had been one of those mornings anyway as I arrived late for sacrament meeting. Only two minutes late mind you and the first time I've been late in a long long time! Of course Engineseer thought it was great and believes I have no room to comment when he is late anymore. We shall see about that, we shall see, mwah, ha, ha, ha.

Well it was IF's last week as she is off to uni. Traveller is also over to uni up in Cambridge. Loughborough YSA is started to shrink quite dramatically. I remember when we used to have 20+ people, now we're struggling to break 10+. Hopefully we'll pick up some people when the new term at uni starts. We know we should be getting at least one new person. we are hoping for more.

Engineseer's power base continues to grow. Not only is he Institute president and ward YSA tep, he's now the YSA class president in Sunday school. I'm sure he's up to something, something that he wouldn't even tell his left handed right hand man!

Nemesis's latest blog post mentioned the fact that she has now started a book club and one of its members is SW! Which seems really weird because as Nemesis is on the other side of the planet it seems really odd that someone from this side of the world is now over there and appears in her blog. I suppose it's kind of like someone from Eastenders popping up in corrie. It didn't make me think though that's it's been a year(ish) since she left(if I remember right I think it's a year on Thursday) and almost as long since SW left as well. Argghhhh where's the time going!

Great quote from the Simpsons movie which we went to see again on Friday;
" Sir I'm afraid you've gone mad with power"
" Of Course, have you ever tried going mad without power. It's boring, nobody listens to you".
I went with Engineseer and J Alfred ( at least that what Engineseer calls him now) Nemesis calls him something else which I can never remember ( he's RP brother of social) and a new YSA whose just moved into the area, he's a teacher ( yes, I know another guy with a much less geeky job then mine and will probably have much better luck with the girls round here when compared with all of us stuck in the Friends zone. Like the twilight zone just more scary).

Institute starts again a week on Wednesday. It's the old testament and Eternal marriage courses this year. Which are always fun. I wonder how many things in the eternal marriage course will be the guys fault this time round :-)

anyway,

later

4 comments:

Nemesis said...

Mwah hah hahaha, I am so powerful that I can ruin church lessons from the other side of the world

Sorry. Drunk with power, here.

Saxon, I called him WR, but J Alfred is the name he used when he had his own blog for all of 30 seconds. :-)

Enginseer said...

This is true
wed both red the blog post from nemesis and one look at each other at the beginnign of the lesson had us both in stiches!!

Saxon said...

Sorry. Drunk with power, here.

Maybe but at least people will listen to you :-) It's nice to see that your powers are growing. Is this all part of the master plan?

Anonymous said...

Sorry nem, your powers do not extend to my brain. I'd completely forgotten about the post when we had the same lesson!

May I suggest that if you people are going to be poetically referential about WR that you truncate it to Alfie? It's short, wieldy and just plain cool. But then, this is my idea of cool....