Saturday, October 31, 2009

The more things change the more they stay the same

Since I will be starting a job on Monday which means I have to dress like a grown up, i.e having to wear a shirt and tie the first order of business today was to head up to Leicester to buy some new shirts at Asda. Which is like Wal mart for any of my US readers who've never heard of it. In fact I think it is part of the Wal mart group.

After we had got some new shirts we had to zoom back to Loughborough to do a few other bits and pieces before a hurried lunch before hurrying back home to take Owen out. So I suppose you could say the main theme of the day has been hurrying!

The shopping did seem odd in the sense that it wasn't any different from normal. I used to work during the week and do the shopping on Saturday, then for the past month I wasn't working and still did the shopping on Saturday and from Monday I will be working again and yes still doing the shopping on Saturdays.

Whoever said I was stuck in a rut with certain things?

Coz their right :-)

I spent most of the rest of the day tidying out my room. Yes again. But this time I've been a lot more strict withmyself. I had way too much stuff I was keeping just for the sake of keeping it. So I now have a lot more room, but considering the size of my room that's somewhat a relative term. It more means that theres nothing on the floor :-)

I also did some model making this afternoon. For the first time in several weeks. I hadn't had the inclination to do any or painting for the past month which as grumpy pointed out was probably understandable. I suppose I'm going to have to get used to the fact that my main hobby is once again just my hobby. Not my job.

Still I think it will help as it will enable me to be more focussed on the projects that I start, thus taking longer on them, thus meaning the finished project will be better.

At least that's the theory anyway.

anyway,

Later folks

No comments: